Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

Already? :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s not up there with Bobbyā€™s or Virgilā€™s but itā€™s better than Trentā€™s which is sadly cringeworthy

With Thiago and Dioga sounding similarā€¦ my money is on a masterpiece Diago song being held back for a few more weeksā€¦ This Diago guy is going to become something exceptionalā€¦

Itā€™s sorted mate

D - I - O - G - O!!!

2 Likes
9 Likes

Hmm I hadnā€™t thought of it in that way.

I am at peace now.

1 Like

Pretty sure there were reports that he is close to a return (or maybe even Klopp said it in a press conference) around 8-10 days after the derby.

Seems that he had an injury setback - doesnā€™t have to be related to the attack by Richarlison.

With Thiagos previous injury record. Coming to the most intense league in the world. To the Club that plays the most intense style of football. And in the season with the most intense schedule ever.

Personally i am not seeing him start too many games for us and its probably inevitable that he will move closer and closer to that ā€˜injury proneā€™ category.

Itā€™s not like we werenā€™t able to beat most of our opponents without him in the last few year.

For me Thiago is still an extra. An extra to help us beat the opponents we couldnā€™t beat (like Atletico) and be able to compete for PL and CL at the same time.

3 Likes

Yes, I did hear him say that in the presser. Big nose did a real job on him. :rage:

4 Likes
3 Likes

If he is touch and go for the game tomorrow then he must be close, donā€™t want it rushed but I canā€™t see Klopp doing that, if he is ok he will play or sit on the bench.

One good thing about Klopp is he doesnā€™t rush players back.

8 Likes

Itā€™s one of the advantages of having lots of world class players instead of one. Hopefully the days of giving a lad an epidural cos they are our only good player are gone.

5 Likes

The Boss seems a bit frustrated. The part that stuck out to me, which isnā€™t like JK, is the part about being ā€œas surprised as the public.ā€

ā€œThiago is not in team training yet,ā€ the Reds boss told the Echo. ā€œWhen will he be in team training? I donā€™t know. We will see. Iā€™m as surprised as the public. In the morning I come in, we have a medical meeting and they tell me ā€˜yes he is in, he is not. I know itā€™s not too far anymore (for Thiago), but I have no idea.ā€

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope itā€™s just an abundance of caution from the medical staff rather than something that could eventually turn out to be much more serious.

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope itā€™s not Thiago bottling it.

1 Like

Are we sure we did not sell himā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Told you this injury is more serious than club are letting on (at the start)

1 Like

Knees - they can be funny on recovery. Maybe thereā€™s a fluid build-up or a bit of tightness and they are just being cautious. I wonder if thereā€™s a point at which they just have to cut him open to fix it. Hopefully not!

Heā€™ll be ready when heā€™s ready I guess.

2 Likes

As long as we keep playing and picking up points like we areā€¦
Iā€™m sure Jurgen will have him back for the business end of the seasonā€¦

Kind of makes sense with him appearing training and then at the gym then not available.

I do wonder which player is close I assume itā€™s between Hendo and Ox both who have featured in the photos of training at the gym.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œpeterroberts, post:216, topic:613, full:trueā€]
Letā€™s hope itā€™s just an abundance of caution from the medical staff[/quote]

Posted similar in a different thread. I do believe our medical staff is one of most cautious in the league. The Boss rates player safety highly. I saw a statistic Lallana just played in his 5th consecutive match, which he hadnā€™t done since 2017. Maybe coincidental, maybe not.

3 Likes