Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

It’s easier to break into the Brighton side.

1 Like

Got admit I’m a bit worried now.

He finished the Everton game despite being chopped in half late on. I can understand shielding him from the international but clearly something still isn’t right.

A hangover from Covid maybe or is it still that knee?

1 Like

Is this the same knee that he had the huge operation on?

1 Like

Absolutely no idea. I’m not even sure it’s a knee problem any more.

1 Like

Idle speculation isn’t helping. I am not sure when the Club has even been less than honest with the fans when it comes to injury although that seems to be gist I am picking up in this thread. Player welfare has always seemed to be one of the priorities under Klopp and I don’t see why that would change or why they would hush up something. It could just maybe as Klopp says, hard to believe I suppose.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s more a tactical thing, maybe klopp is still just working on his game.

I know that sounds bizarre, but maybe the injury is just the tipping point, but the main reason is tactical compliance.

1 Like

Nah, don’t think so. Thiago is too good for that. His ‘weaker’ level still merits game time. We’d surely use him if he was fit.

9 Likes

It’s not a tactical thing. He’s not been involved in any of the team training, based on the pictures that pop up every few days. Albeit, the tactical sessions aren’t photographed, he would still be involved in the general training that we get glimpses of - unless Klopp is playing new levels of the dark arts…unlikely

As soon as he’s out “team training” he’s fit to play, and then its down to tactical decisions by Klopp, as well as getting sharpness back. Hopefully we see him, as well as Hendo, Chambo and Keita back in team training soon enough.

2 Likes

He was brought on at half time in an important game after having been here about 15 minutes. He is also one of the smartest players in the world who is completely comfortable playing the sort of role Klopp would expect him to play. I think we can safely rule that out.

He got a knock that scared the shit out of everyone, with the surprise being that he was able to get up and walk away to finish the game. It is not at all unexpected with those sorts of knocks to see them got worse over the course of the subsequent few days.

10 Likes

What’s going on with Thiago? Why is Klopp so tight lipped? Is he injured but the club aren’t convinced? Is there a problem?

1 Like

I was worried before and I’m even more worried now with Klopp completely swerving the question at his presser.

2 Likes

Who knows for sure, but my interpretation of his obvious frustration has been a over how bad a challenge it was, especially as it coming in the same game as Pickford’s. Klopp is fairly sanguine about dealing with things that just happen. He does have a reputation though for holding a grudge over that sort of needless recklessness. I mean he still spoke about his anger over the Funes Mori one 2-3 years after it happened.

3 Likes

I don’t expect to see him on a football pitch before next year, given how things go with him. Maybe his season is even over, who knows. Klopp eluding any question concerning his fitness is not a good sign, that’s for sure.

He was in the form of his life before he got injured, but chances are now that we’ll never see him again in a similar kind of verve. Being inured will make his adaptation to the country and the league much more difficult now.

To be honest, I’m already at the following regrettable point: I’ll see any good contribution from him as a bonus from now on, just as with Keita or Shaq.

2 Likes

Those dirty cunts at Everton have a lot to answer for.

2 Likes

Just seems baffling, why not say that he looks out for a longer period and that it is regrettable.

You wonder if there is some fall out from Covid, that could explain why the up and down of availability if he is having some issues with “Long Covid”, that or he is struggling with something none football related.

2 Likes

Err hope in your heart has a different meaning to some i see!!!

1 Like

Whatever it is I hope he gets well, he is certainly using the gym facilities as I’ve seen him there.

Hopefully we may see the Ox back soon as well as he has been shown doing outdoor training, maybe even TAA next week.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s time for a new rule, any player that injures another player with reckless challenges their club should pay the players wages while out injured.

6 Likes

At least Everton could top that table :angry:

3 Likes

Actually punishing the cunt that did it would be nice.

10 Likes