Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

Surely you missed Shaquiri, maybe even Hendo?

1 Like

Not seeing Shaq as a #8

Hendo used to be a bit prone to injuries in his first 5 years here. This might return with age - or maybe the return has started already because he had at least 3 injury lay offs this year.

Gini has been an absolute backbone of our midfield. Obviously we would have not won the CL without him. Donā€™t think we would have won the league without him.

And our season so far would have been a catastrophe without him.

Good luck filling his shoes Thiago because what he has done in his previous career, what he is able to do in Fifa 21 or how many fans use his YouTube compilations as masturbation templates does not count.

2 Likes

ā€˜By eckā€™ man you really donā€™t like Thiago, did he steal your girlfriend or something

4 Likes

Has nothing to do with not liking or not rating him.

Thiago is a world class player.

But I am not convinced that he can stay injury free for a longer period in England and that was even before Richarlison tried to end his career.

4 Likes

So now Klopp is not even answering questions about Thiago anymore. Why would I be not surprised if we hear in the near future that he needs surgery? :rage:

2 Likes

Yes, the communication about our injured players is kind of frustrating.

Ox
ā€šWill miss rest of preseason with a similar knee injury like Hendo (was about to miss 2 months but came back earlier). Itā€™s been 4! months now.

Thiago
2 weeks after Everton he was close. Now it has been 6 weeks.

Trent
No information.

Keita
No information.

3 Likes

Shaqiri
No information

3 Likes

I think that tackle from Richarlison would have fucked many a player, injury record or not.

Letā€™s say the twat launched himself at Wijnaldumā€™s knee. I donā€™t think Giniā€™s running it off, and turning out in the next game as if nothing happened.

On Gini, I think the very fact that he rarely misses a game and plays every match is exactly why weā€™re cautious over his contract. There are a lot of games in those legs, and at 30 I think the club suspect there is a cliff edge looming for Gini.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hl7zJ1GYeA

2 Likes

Kloppā€™s disappointment is almost palpable. His signing was an extraordinary coup for our club and would have taken an already great team up another level. I share your fear about surgery being required. This would truly be the cruelest of blows having already lost another superstar in Virgil for the season.

We should be directing our legal department to seek damages against Everton for that shameful display.

5 Likes

Sorry, nonsense.

Nothing indicates that Gini wonā€™t be able to do what he has done in the last 2-3 years for at least 2 more years.

Is it even necessary for him to play so many games and minutes if all our midfielders stay injury free for a bit more and Fabinho moves back to midfield in the near future?

So there is a cliff edge looming for Gini (who is proven for the stuff thatā€™s required here) but the club gets together a package worth Ā£65m to bring in Thiago. Same age but forseable that he will struggle with injuries here (again this is even before Richarlison kicked him).

2 Likes

Give it a fucking rest, youā€™ve been banging on this drum for months. The lad got clobbered by a thug and hasnā€™t been available since. The fact he has been even classified as close at some point is a fucking miracle after that tackle.

14 Likes

Richarlison did get a red card. Just saying.

1 Like

So whenever he gets injured in the next four years it will be because of Richarlison?

Might have got another injury since.

1 Like

@GermanRed brings the joy and all the sunshine,cheers mate.

6 Likes

Youā€™ve been mincing around like some kind of doom mongering Oracle for weeks now. You know just as much about it as the rest of us which is basically nothing.

5 Likes

If I was him, Iā€™d be pretty disappointed with the club if that was the case. As a player, Iā€™m sure he wants to play every match but Iā€™m also sure he wants his interests to be taken into account and his long-term fitness to be managed carefully. That said, he and Milner might just be David Dunn to Sturridgeā€™s/Lallanaā€™s/Shaqiriā€™s/Alcantaraā€™s Elijah Price and heā€™ll be going where thereā€™s less water and more money, I guess.

1 Like

The problem with this is that we simply donā€™t know what is going on. Is it the length of the new contract, not enough money, is he afraid he will not get enough playing time or does he need a new scenery?

When push comes to shove and he leaves next summer, I thank him for his service (especially for the two goals against Barcelona :sunglasses: ) and wish him the best at his new club as long they donā€™t play Liverpool. :innocent:

2 Likes

This is not the Gini thread mate.

4 Likes

Seen a shit load of posts on here and thought the unthinkable. Thankfully it was just everyone losing their shit over Thiago still being out after being clattered by that cunt Richarlison. Still got no idea whatā€™s going on with it or when heā€™ll be back though.

4 Likes