Flop (sadly as I like the kid)
Lump
Flop
Annoyingly good
Pen merch/one season wonder
Future flop
Gosh, is he still around? FLOP!

That’s even before you get to Fred!!!

@The-AllMightyReds Not trying to take the piss, and I realize the “FSG won’t spent more than £35m” probably wasn’t totally serious, but isn’t this a good case study in why having a strict value-for-money policy is actually a good thing?

I think there was an article doing the rounds at some point as well that showed that big money transfers are almost always failures.

10 Likes

Yes precisely & I’m conscious to this universal truth, believe me. I’ve never been in favor of spending absurd amounts of money on players that don’t make sense…which is why I barely flinched when Chelsea put 190m on Enzo & Mudryk, I’m not bothered in the slightest Arsenal are putting up 105m for Rice (although I’d like to know where all that money comes from + Havertz + the rest). I was in favor of dropping the Jude pursuit because of what we’ve seen the last 4 weeks.

Saying I’ve wanted to see FSG back the manager doesn’t translate into “We have to sign 3-4 players for 100m each otherwise that’s seen as a failure” no. So far this summer we’ve spend close to the 100m mark without needing to balance the books, unless someone wants to specify a time we’ve done this previously…then this is a first.

1 Like

Yeah you’ve put a good propaganda spin on that. Not really what you said before on the subject.

Glitch Believe GIF by PEEKASSO

I assume it’s a comment on his catching

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/1676933931621310464?s=20

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/1676881488367738881?t=rR2inPS7M2c22K2ifmnO3g&s=19

Or hes juggling contract offers?

Their fans are already calling him Mickey Mount… :0)

52yrs old - Hope he pulls through

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has suffered a brain haemorrhage and has been rushed to hospital by helicopter

4 Likes

Was just about to post the same thing.

Always seemed like a decent bloke. Fingers crossed for him.

9 Likes

Despite his United connections, I really liked and respected this guy.

Get well soon Edwin.

5 Likes

The same thing happened to his wife when he was with United. She pulled true, hope he does too.

7 Likes

Health comes first. Hope he recovers quickly.

1 Like

Frustrating opponent at the time because how good he was, still think he’s a bit underrated to this day. Listened a podcast with him lately, said we were interested in him when he was leaving Juventus. Was a nice opportunity because it was pretty weird how a player like him ended up at Fulham of all places. Speedy recovery.

1 Like

Romano:

Manchester United are one step away from signing André Onana, deal really close to being done! Positive round of talks today between all parties involved as Manchester United are close to new GK. Next, final step: Man United will send in new official bid soon and then deal will be definitely completed. All parties expect Onana to become new United player by end of the next week, if all goes to plan. Manchester United want Onana to travel with the squad for USA pre season tour as absolute priority. Agreement on personal terms also confirmed, he’s set to accept contract proposal from Man United.

Imagine the fume if the contract falls through.

Imagine the fume if he got caught with his hand in the doping jar again…

De Gea confirms he’s out

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/1677671990910484480

1 Like

About time, I guess. For perhaps seven out of these twelve years, he was world class for them, keeping them almost single-handedly in the top four for a few seasons and made me tear my hair out in the process.

Allegedly, Onana is going to be his replacement. It will be interested to see how Ten Hag manages his rich man’s Ajax team in PL.

7 Likes

Did he get a testimonial at the 10 year mark?

1 Like