Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Maybe wait with the jokes until next week to see if we can beat them in our third and most important attempt this season.

3 Likes

Itā€™s in the bag!

:grimacing:

2 Likes

We can laugh all we want but they may have already cost us the title by drawing at Anfield, thatā€™s how fine the margins are. They certainly wonā€™t let us have 30+ shots on their goal in our remaining match against them, like they did with Brentford. They are the worldā€™s luckiest team, to be that bad, yet remain with a strong chance to end up with an FA Cup trophy and CL qualification.

I donā€™t think they have a strong chance of either. Theyā€™d have to beat Man City in a final which I reckon is highly unlikely, and theyā€™re currently 8 points off of top 5 with 9 games remaining.

ā€œI tell you what, if you asked this lot to mark their nose, theyā€™d end up with a finger up their arseā€

Another absolute banger from Goldbridge. The hero we deserve.

What blew me away about our FA Cup loss - and why it was so maddening - were the massive gaps in midfield that we were unable to exploit. To me, that comes down to tactics and management. I donā€™t see that anywhere in the PL. I expect thatā€™s down to how ETH wants to play and the squad at his disposal.

1 Like

I think Liverpool were so surprised at how much space that United left them in midfield. No self respecting team would do that.

Weā€™d have exploited it today as we were on every ball in that midfield for most of the game.

A thread started by a bloke named The_Midfielderā€¦

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe we should give them credit for being able to repel Brentford last night until the end and us.

Then again it felt all a bit more luck last night.

Exactly. Some people keep saying its the players as if Martinez is absolutely required in order to play coherent football, despite clubs with 1/10ths of our budget somehow managing to do it for years.

Gem this.

1 Like

Even with Martine coming back, it was he who was skinned by Toney for the equalizer. He just isnt very good.

1 Like

I know weā€™ve got Sheffield first, but I have never wanted to smack these pricks on their own shitheap more than I do right now.

6 Likes

The thing is they will consider taking at least a point to derail our title bid as even more of an achievement than knocking us out of the cup. The atmosphere at the ground will be even more hostile for this. Weā€™ve got to just keep our heads , play our game and take our chances when they come. The gulf in quality between the sides is probably even bigger now than when we spanked Oleā€™s lot 5-0.

4 Likes

Romano:

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United new technical director will be Jason Wilcox, all set! Wilcow has now resigned from Southampton roleā€¦ as heā€™s set to join Man United as new technical director. Southampton refused to accept compensation fee so Wilcox resigns as he wants to join Man United project. Former Man City Head of Academy did excellent job at City and Southampton, now set to become key part of Man United new era with INEOS leading this process. After Omar Berrada, Wilcox is coming soon and Dan Ashworth follows as soon as compensation is agreed. The relationship between J. Wilcox and Southampton manager Russell Martin remains very good and strong.

Russell Martin as the new manager

Everyone they are going for is well respected. The question always is with these projects is can they get the structure right so everyone understands their scope.

Most clubs have a clear distinction between technical director and director of football so itā€™s not a stretch to see both Wilcox and Ashworth come in, but it would represent a step down/back for Wilcox who stepped up from youth related focus of a technical director when taking the DoF role at Southampton. Maybe heā€™s ok with that, with it being Utd. But they apparently still want to bring in Brailsford. AND they have an existing DoF who they are giving no indication they want to sack, even if he will be kept on in a educed role.

1 Like

Getting their house in orderā€¦ It was about time, though it would be nice to see them continue failing over the next, I donā€™t know, thirty years or so?

2 Likes

Sounds a bit too many cooksā€¦

Glad they didnā€™t get near Edwards.

3 Likes