Those jammy fuckers down the M62

https://twitter.com/CameronFozzi/status/1789713717124305022?t=0viTtUJ6XlbOuiyucZs0EA&s=19

ā€˜Theatre of Streamsā€™

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1789720532599833053

1 Like

About sums them upā€¦

1 Like

If Ratcliffe has any pride, he will be sorting that stadium out asap.

It has been in disrepair for a good while, but the level of criticism and banter seemed more at the fan level. Those images going around the world will be of great embarrassment to them, and if Ratcliffe is half the leader he thinks he is, he will sort the stadium.

PS
It is emblematic of how they have fallen. And so is the team on the pitch. Today they seemed quite happy to keep it to only 1-0. It wasnā€™t that long ago when they would have been furious to lose at home and not be in a title race.

I remember an Everton thread on here about where they will finish, and the poll options were 8th, eighth, 8th, 8th, or 8th - though obviously they are better than that!

Thats where Man Utd are now. Leaky stadium and all.

1 Like

This a perfect demonstration of a club more interested in marquee signings than sorting the club out across the board.

6 Likes

I went there for the Youth Cup final in 2006 and it was visibly in need of renovations back then. Nearly 20 years later and as far as I am aware theyā€™ve had no substantial updates in that time.

2 Likes

Now you know why the manures were ahead of us as far as commercial deals are concerned. When itā€™s raining they can still make the whole fucking stadium into a tourist attraction of a waterfall. What genius.

1 Like

His employees on the pitch havenā€™t come in for work for years.

I take it that there was a thunderstorm at the time? Itā€™s quite shocking, though. I keep hearing comments from United fans that they are genuinely worried about the safety of the stadium. I think they have a point.

Never trust a billionaire that purports to be a man of the people.

It all goes away with on field success but without it, the media (and TAN) rub the hands and gleefully attack the coach, work back at the office stance, stadium, no tactics, scouts, evil owners, primadonna players, inst WAGS and anything else they can find.

But the stadium debacle is perfect timing and the gift just keeps on giving.

1 Like
1 Like

That is the key here. THe stadium has been allowed to rot for so long I genuinely have no idea how much it would cost to fix, or how long it would take. All this whilse the team needs full blown surgery on the pitch as well and I donā€™t think Jim has the money for both, so which is more important to him?

1 Like

Man Utd shouldnā€™t have a problem finding cash to get the funding.

The Glazers can always sell more of their percentage.

The problem however is whether itā€™s a renovation of Old Trafford or a new stadium altogether.

It will be a shame if Old Trafford disappears totally.

Not a fan of my annual ā€˜Please can Old Trafford be hit by a small meteoriteā€™ birthday wish?

Happy Birthday GIF by Teddy Too Big

At this rate it is also Ratcliffeā€™s wish.

Not sure it is within his remit, isnt his role at the club on the operations around the playing side? I donā€™t see him stumping up cash to fund a rebuilding of the stadium.

The fact that they are schmoozing local politicians suggests that they are hoping that the public purse is going to come to their rescue.

1 Like

They would have to bulldoze OT and build a new stadium on the site. I donā€™t think OT is salvageable. Itā€™s been neglected for far too long.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what is within Radcliffeā€™s remit. I know a little while ago he was trying to get government funding for a Wembley of the North sort of a thing, but got short shrift. Is right.

Thereā€™s a long list of worthy causes, no, needs, that require public money.

A stadium on the cheap for a billionaire who went overseas to avoid taxes once he hit the big time? It is absolutely not a government priority.

If the stadium is the responsibility of the Glazers, good luck with that. They havenā€™t done a thing so far. They have just extracted cash, not put anything in. And itā€™s not just the stadium - the training facilities are now well below par. Ronaldo couldnā€™t believe it when he came back, and said nothing had been updated.

The current situation is ideal for the Glazerā€™s - keep control, keep the bulk of the equity and money, but give Radcliffe some crumbs from their table while he has the headache of actually trying to run the thing.

The stadium is a huge task that needs sorting, along with the training ground, squad, manager, coaching staff, offices, etc.

Jimbo has hired one or two executives so far, but it is a monumental task to put that club right in all departments.