Tourism Thread - tips and assistance

Or creme fraiche in France.

We’re flying with them next week. What’s the beef ?

Montenegro was great. Some truly breathtaking landscapes especially around Kotor and Zabljak. We had some issues with lost luggage and weather, which prevented us doing more, but still a lot to see. The coast has been spolit around Budva and Bar unfortunately, but we had a nice time in Ulcinj.
The food is pretty basic, but some good fish in Kotor and Ulcinj. Ostrog monastery was worth the trip and we enjoyed stopping in Danilovgrad on the way. Everyone we met was extremely friendly and helpful which is a pleasant change for Berliners abroad.
It’s very small, so easy to get around and the roads are generally good if twisting.

2 Likes

In Michael Scott’s shouting voice: “YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE NORTH!!!” :joy: I’m really glad you liked it, though!

1 Like

Currently in Athens and it’s hot,real hot. :hot_face:

What’s your definition of hot ?

It’s going to get hotter. There is a heat wave incoming. Also, be careful of where you eat, sleep etc. The prices are extortion.

1 Like

Where i,m sweatng so much that if i didn’t get up to go the bathroom you wouldn’t notice the difference

Last day today.I booked this months ago to finish off our family holiday so avoided a little the really high accommodation prices.Out and about prices are reasonable compared to Santorini where we started a couple of weeks ago .

Forgot to mention that the wine is very decent and everything is dirt cheap!

Anyone been to Lisbon? Over there for a few days with the missus next month. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Yeah, pack the sun cream! Walked round for a day in summer with the family once, as it wasn’t a sunbathing day, didn’t bother with sun cream. Burnt something rotten. Granted I was about 9

Right.

Pateo – Bairro do Avillez – R. Nova da Trindade 18, 1200-303 Lisboa, Portugal
Lovely place that seems to have multiple different restaurants under one roof, but all by the same chef? Absolutely delicious tapas.

Faz Frio – R. Dom Pedro V 96, 1250-094 Lisboa, Portugal
One of the oldest restaurants in Lisboa. Stumbled upon it by accident, do not miss.

Oficio – R. Nova da Trindade 11k, 1200-301 Lisboa, Portugal
Opposite the first one, fancier surroundings, still delicious.

Cova Funda – Tv. Cidadão João Gonçalves 20A, 1150-096 Lisboa, Portugal
Seafood place. Great if you want to know what dying from bursting feels like. Great value, rather informal place, with delicious fresh seafood.

Taberna da Rua das Flores – Rua das Flores 103, 1200-194 Lisboa, Portugal
Didn’t get to try this one, mainly because of how crowded and well known this one is.

In general, the city is quite walkable, and public transport is best taken on an ad-hoc basis, since you won’t see much of the city by taking the metro for example. Parque Recreativo do Alto da Serafina is quite beautiful, but also quite big. If you’re in the area, check out the Aqueduto das Aguas Livres.

Make sure you see all the Miradouros, they do really live up to their name. You can take Tram 28 if you want the historic tram, or you can take Tram 15 and hope you’re lucky. I think the latter has a better route, especially if you’re going to the Torre de BelĂ©m.

If you have time, definitely escape to Cascais for the beach, or Sintra. If you cycle, you can even do it all in one day, cycling.

6 Likes

Awesome, thank you

Greetings from Iceland.
Very beautiful, very expensive.
All toilets are shared between the sexes, there are a lot of people in LFC shirts.

2 Likes

You are having a world tour.

1 Like

You go all the way to Iceland and all you have to share is about the toilets?

2 Likes

It’s a very important topic for many on here for some reason.
I could go on about the magnificent landscape, fascinating geological features, friendly natives etc, but I don’t think it would be as interesting for people on here.

Ok before I forget, where’s the money from the shirts of Liverpool fans in Iceland toilets, John?

1 Like

Please don’t forget to post loads of photos. Have a great time.

1 Like