Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2022/23

2 Likes

Need to play that video in the team talk later - remind them how good they are :0)

Apparently Trent has had more assists now than Steve McManaman.

3 Likes

McManaman, Fowler, goal!

1 Like

One of the prime culprits for just not turning up. He should be shown that lack of desire or effort is a droppeable offence.

That’s terrible, but I can kind of understand it. He already saved us in a couple of situations in the first half, but we still conceded, we’re not completing any passes, everything’s still shite, all 4 subs were made but the basics were still missing.

Of course it sums up how bad everything was in that game, that ultimately it made no difference whether or not he was there covering those two players.

I think I’m getting a bit bored of these now.

1 Like

The guy can’t defend…what’s new here?

Except people will use 1 scenario, 1 instance in a game where he does stop a 1 on 1 or does header a ball clear far post and use that to say “What was that now?..Trent can’t defend? OK…LOL”

or… the guy can’t concentrate for 90mins

He’s stood still concentrating on Brighton players running off him. That’s not a lack of concentration.

He’s lazy as fuck (when we’re not in possession) and he can’t defend.

But let’s carry on looking at his creative skills and the number of crosses and chances he makes…because that’s what we should be looking at for a defender.

That looks like a tired mind at play… He has proved plenty of times he can defend… just not all of the time eh

Very rarely, this season anyway.

Yeah that’s very poor. It didn’t really matter by that stage in the game but obviously that’s not the point.

Madness that we’ve chosen to expose Trent and Robbo so much this season by removing their midfield support. (The above is not an example of this but I’m talking more as a general statement). Neither of them are great defenders, they are bith great attackers. They’re being asked to defend far too often.

2 Likes

That’s not bad defending, that’s literally standing still and doing nothing. Thats a decision he’s made not to follow the runner.

He’s not the only one mind, but that to me is like downing tools. Why he has, I don’t know but it’s not acceptable.

He told Hendo to fuck off against Brentford, probably warranted btw, but still your captain?

1 Like

And double down on it… Here, have no support from your midfielder who is now a winger but also can you still create in the final third whilst covering the 60yards behind you.

1 Like

Just the usual post defeat soundbite to make it look like we’re bothered.

1 Like

To goes back tot he idea mentioned a couple of days ago - he’s a good defender if you take decision making out of the situation. Get the ball to a tricky winger’s feet and ask him to run at Trent and he’s actually pretty good in those situations these days. Put him in a situation where he has to make a decision about what the most important thing to defend is and he far too often fails to pick the right one. Very often you’ll see him make no decision at all making it seem like his lack of response was less an act of laziness and more a lack of perception.

2 Likes

but basics of football dictate you must be goalside of your mark. in that case, he was asleep on his feet

Trent certainly does not have that… ‘Thou Shall Not Pass’ attitude that’s for sure… but then
“Corner Taken Quickly… ORIGIIIIIIIIIII…!” :0)

Mitoma ran him ragged the whole game?