UEFA Europa League

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1767621887587160273

2 Likes

Easy solution would be to move it to Anfield and ban away fans regardless of who we beat! :rofl:

Who is that?

He is jinxing it on so many levels.

1 Like

Rangers next round then :joy:

1 Like

100%

I want Milan in the final.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just move the game to Croker.80,000 capacity and close enough to walk from the city centre .Use Fairview park just down the road where a fanzone can accommodate 10,000 and use 50,000 seater Aviva for Liverpool fanzone.

3 Likes

UEFA, in their infinite wisdom, chose Landsdowne Road, they can’t turn around and try to change that now. Regarding concerns about fans, it’s a little bit rich of them considering they didn’t seem to give many fucks after the Paris police were fucking everything up and locking out then assaulting or contributing to our fans being assaulted in the CL final.

1 Like

I think they are just looking to make extra out of Lfc supporters by playing in Lansdowne but also hiring out Croker under the guise of safety concerns ,where they will charge 80,000 fans a fee to watch on big screens.They knew last summer there was a possibility we could make the final.
CL final could have City and Arsenal in london this year.While their fan base is less than ours ,the 2 clubs together on home soil could have a similar turnout,but nothing to suggest contingency plans for if that were to happen .

2 Likes

Croke Park would never allow a game of football be played there.

1 Like

From their website:

International Sport & Events

Croke Park has played host to many international sports including rugby, soccer and American football in recent years. We proudly provided the venue for the opening and closing cermonies of the 2003 Special Olympics, have welcomed hundreds of thousands of music fans to some truely (sic) epic concerts and hosted a number of cultural events, of both Irish and international significance.

1 Like

Yeah that all changed when Landsdowne Rd was being rebuilt.

1 Like

I mean a better arrangement would be to use Anfield or Ibrox to screen the game as appropriate.

3 Likes

People want to be in Dub for the craic;

UEFA/other rent seekers want to extract another pound of flesh

1 Like

Let’s face it, if we get to the final it’ll be a lot more interesting than the CL.

3 Likes

Clearly. @obviousoldgit? :wink:

Maybe it is stating the obvious, but people have no right to complain when they are willing participants.

If you don’t want to be ripped off, stay at home and watch the match on television.

1 Like

Yeah don’t think I’ll be making it all the way to Dub for the final🤣

Lightweight!

Extremely. How is the getting up at 3am treating you? :rofl: