UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

True, regarding rape within marriage, but I was referring more to the publication that a judge in a civil court has made a finding of rape (a criminal offence). It is referenced almost in passing that this was on the balance of probabilities, which is not, of course, the criminal burden of proof.

That’s pretty remarkable and, to my mind, fairly novel.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Nice tie, thankfully got to see it as he wasn’t wearing a round neck sweater.

3 Likes

The doubling down continues despite photographic evidence suggesting otherwise.

He’s basically Shaggy at this point.

Yikes!

Scared Oh No GIF by Boomerang Official

Or…

Listen To Your Heart Singing GIF by The Bachelor

Both, right?
:rofl:

A serial liar who claims innocence in the face of photographic evidence, and a guy off his face on drugs who hides in fridges from things that scare him?

Could be…

1 Like

How many fridges are there?

Why are so many Tories voting against these very mild covid measures?

Because they are fucking insane.

The absolute irony of these pricks crying about civil liberties while waving through the policing bill.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Along with the whole voter ID project. It’s pick-and-choose libertarianism. No wonder they get criticised for not having any principles…

1 Like

They’ve got lots of principles. And if you don’t like them, they’ve got others too.

3 Likes

Feels like there’s a joke going over my head here…

Wearing a mask is no more a civil liberties issue than wearing clothes is.
It’s better for you and everyone around you.
(Except in rare cases)

1 Like

Agreed.

I got to the lady getting her nails done.

Those “pants” look a little big for you.

Brexit hard man Steve Baker is one of them. He’s been quoting the Spectator as a source of “correct” information on what we should do from here on in.

Not sure where this should go but it is an interesting take on how to think about the people refusing to get vaccinated. I had never thought of it in terms of, well I pay taxes and I shouldn’t be refused medical assistance because of the burden imposed on the NHS by the unvaccinated…I had purely thought of it as getting vaccinated is good for me, my family and friends and my civic duty / is socially responsible.

3 Likes