UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

14 x £7700 business for the same flights £107k. She really does have to answer for this one particularly given her holier than though speech about saving tax payers’ money.

2 Likes

This will fuck things up

1 Like

What does it even mean?

1 Like

The Met trying to limit what can be said in the report.

Looks like the Met knew and turned a blind eye to the parties without doing anything? - Just my suspision, but that is how I read it

3 Likes

There’s something starting to get really fishy about this now.

1 Like

The content of Balrdick’s apple crumble?

1 Like

I wish!

1 Like

I’m agreeing with you again, what is this world coming to???

1 Like

Care to elaborate?

It stinks of corruption.

First officers turned a blind eye when the events occurred, then refuse to investigate historical events, they then pass on responsibility to Sue Grey to investigate, then on eve on publication they interfere.

Shockingly poor optics.

At best it looks like covering up their own officers, at worst interfering under pressure from the government.

If you wanted a story of one law for them, and another for everyone else. There is no better example.

4 Likes

It really is very easy to apply the incorrect version of Occam’s Razor here. The simplest solution is usually the truth.

If they have actually colluded with the police to cover this with £100 fines rather than putting the whole fucking lot in the stocks then our politics and police need the second coming of Guy.

1 Like

The reported cost (£500k) may be misreported - that might be the cost to the Government in having the plane, not the actual cost for this trip.

I think usually officials travel by economy class not business. But if the Minister is flying privately, there is some sense in having them aboard too.

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1486983438796308483?s=20

Christian Bale Nodding GIF

2 Likes

Oh fuck not more films made by him, can’t remember the last film guy Ritchie made that was good :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

What better way to deal with the treacherous liars than a man with a fawked tongue?

One private plane @£500k still costs that much whether you have one person or capacity on board. Unless you’re chartering your own 737 to go to a game. a private plane (particularly to Aus) is always going to be more expensive. More importantly, a waste of our money.

You’d need to book out much more than 14 seats in business to ensure a delegation can have confidential discussions. It’s also about projecting strength. These optics are important and worth a lot more than £500k.

1 Like

Do you mean the optics of we’re serious that we’ll sign anything and fuck up our farming industry?

These are the same clowns who boozed together during lockdown. What do you think they’re going to do on a 20hr flight?

As for optics, looks better to value money than splurge it.