UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Christ Almighty…Boris has more skeletons in the closet than the Cobra Kai dojo.

1 Like

They seems pretty determined to push forward with this

1 Like

That is absolutely horrific.

And yet, utterly unsurprising.

1 Like

Surprised and disturbed that NHS staff have gone down the anti vax route.

You would think that they would be the most likely across society to be on board with it.

2 Likes

There are a lot of thickos in the NHS

:wink:
Boris wants, I mean needs, to shine on the geopolitical stage. I am not so sure the UK would have sent all those NLAW’s that fast had that not been the case. Unfortunately for Boris, whatever the size of the dick he waves around the region around Ukraine, it won’t matter much for this domestic disaster he finds himself in. But yes, he desperately needs to play statesman now. But it’s too late to give people at home another impression I think.

1 Like

Ironic at home he talks about levelling up and yet abroad with demented biden they talk of possibly levelling eastern Europe with their warmongering, makes you wonder where the protesters are this time around .

Edit * as in the politicians voicing concerns about what would be possibly the worse nation to start a war with, and also the hacks rasing concerns?

Political concerns by normal people etc I understand have been voiced on social media .

Whose warmongering?

1 Like

12 pages?!!

3 of them basically blank. What the fuck took her so long??

edit - wait is this the report or just a report on the report?

1 Like

Looks like the report proves the PM lied to parliament on multiple occasions. Interesting to see how Mr Tumble squirms out of this.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I feel for Sue Gray. She really is in an impossible position. Her ‘update’ is about as far as she’s able to go at this stage, as she explains - quite reasonably, in my opinion.

She seems to be giving a pass to Martin Reynolds - mitigating on his behalf that he’s simply got way too much on his plate. At least that’s how I read between the lines.

Impossible to know what precisely will be laid at Johnson’s door at this stage. But it’s obvious that the culture within Whitehall is totally wrong and has been for a very long time. Combine that with political leadership that takes a laissez faire attitude and it’s clearly ripe for inappropriate behaviour.

2 Likes

Thing is, structural reform is probably needed in Whitehall, and Johnson is not wrong to say this. But he’s probably not the right leader for doing so…