UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I can believe it but I think it’s fair to be wary of stuff (guilty as charged as I’m guilty of fat finger typo myslef). You just don’t know what’s going on behind peoples eye’s.

I’ll leave you be on this, clearly we wont agree on the political side of things. That’s fair, I’ve no problem with people believing in Conservatism etc. I do however object to the utter train wreck that came from Cameron and now Boris in particular. That IMO was not Conservatism in the true sense of the word.

1 Like

Oh I’m all for Guy right now… That’s a joke by the way. I’d say Guy Fauwks but then it might be Fawkes or Fawks or whatever. You’d think I’d know…

I use google a lot, own one’s issues.

Most people want to be them.

In the end, it was the correct decision, although I was given no choice, because there were no available places in other schools. It was worth it because she was happy there and received a very good standard of education.

6 Likes

I have experienced both worlds, both ends of spectrum. From living on a council estate, going to a shit school and my mum and dad using a loan shark, to being given a key at Uni which gave me access to an elitist old boys club (imagine a Phileas Fogg gentleman’s club, where the decor and staff dress resemble the 1800s).

Many people are dicks at both extremes. Money exacerbates the more negative aspects of personalities as it’s easy to become detached from reality.

In terms of politics the problem is not that of shared experiences. It’s a problem of entitlement and cronyism. Many of those in power are not there because of their talent and skills, but a network of friends and school chums. Unfortunately positions of power are also craved by those that tend to show psychopathic tendencies. (Backstabbing, lack of compassion, entitlement, manipulation, lying). We don’t end up with Etons best, we end up with their worst.

At its core, the base premise of why an MP becomes an MP should be I want to make the United Kingdom a better place. Sadly I don’t think that is the case for many.

6 Likes
1 Like

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

well… :joy:

Et tu Brute?

Julio Cesar Rome GIF by Luis Ricardo

1 Like

Good man, Rory.

2 Likes

There is a picture of Sunak at the party with Boris. Soft drink in hand…

1 Like

I bet you it’s a coke. He is a coke addict :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know how things work in the UK but here in France the minimum wage went up in January, and you guessed it I’m on the minimum wage. So I was looking forward to a little extra for the month and months ahead. I still haven’t worked it out but I actually lost 53 euros a month. It really is give a very little with one hand and take 10 times more away with the other.
Anyway I’m devastated, pay rises really just are not unless your earning lots.

2 Likes

He could sack him because there was a party at his house and he was there.

Wait a minute

In response to the rising cap in energy prices my firm has followed an above inflation pay-rise in October by announcing that everyone will be getting an extra £300 in this month’s pay.

:+1:

Fuck you Bailey.

2 Likes

I’ve got morning brain but whether he’s holding an alcoholic drink, a soft drink or a lump of coal makes little difference does it when the question is whether he attended a party or not? Or is that your point?

1 Like