UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Just when you think UK politics can’t get any sillier…

1 Like

What the fuck is she on ? Is she completely lobotomised ?
What the hell are her sources ? She talks as if the US started the build up ? As if the UK started the build up ? And she spews nonsense about a war with Russia ? What the serious fuck !
Fucking hell what a living disgrace she is. Unforgivable statement. 100% unforgivable :rage:
Fucking braindead woman !

2 Likes

Abbott spent the best years of her life thinking the Cold War was a one-sided US plot, and she is less relevant now.

1 Like

I didn’t know it was this bad. This sounds like some of the old romantic Marxist-Leninist Soviet-tankies we have a in Norway. Super fringe people and without any power over foreign policy of course. But she sounds WORSE !!! What she said in that clip is really something else, it goes beyond “Russia-Understanding” into the realms of complete and total delusion. Borderline treasonous I would argue.

1 Like

Yeah, past her best-before-date some time before the Wall came down. I am genuinely concerned about this situation, but I don’t think either side is blameless. Ukraine has been pushing the limits with Russia, more than their support in the West can really support. The US (and the UK) seem intent on increasing alert levels and tensions at every turn. But what actually worries me is that I don’t think Putin thought he would need to go this far out on a limb to extract at least some kind of concessions, and now he doesn’t have an obvious way out. If the choice in front of him is Invade or Be Humiliated, that is somewhat worrisome.

Find myself wondering what the expected thaw date is for some of those rivers that have crossable ice right now…

5 Likes

I find it weird and awkward how some leftists transfer their sympathy for USSR to Russia. I mean it was bad enough to blindly support the USSR, but sympathizing with Russia (for a leftist) is tantamount to sympathizing with the Tsarist Russia.

6 Likes

Sorry to say she appears to have gone full Abbott.

Never go full Abbott

1 Like

You can’t ridicule Abbott because that makes you a racist. Apparently.

1 Like

I can’t stand Diane Abbott, I’m struggling to watch that video.

1 Like

The old ones are the best, pretty much word for word:

Am i right in think Patel ( a Boris flunky) gets to choose the next head of the Met, who will be in charge of the report on the parties that Boris might have attended. Mmm, i can see a Boris getting away with this. :rage:

Every chance, I’m just hoping the rage from it across the country doesn’t dissipate.

The sad part is, Boris yet may yet again escape criminal charges. He’s long overdue some jail time IMO.

Can they nominate a non-policeman/woman? A politician even? The forgotten Dominic?

Also Carrie, Nadine and Liz or you’re a misogynist.

No chance they would go for him. He is gunning to take BoJo down so makes no sense putting him in a position that could do just that

Raab, Grieve, Cummings, or ?

all of the above

Nice intent and all of that, but excuse me for saying so, but what an idiot:

1. NATO cannot enforce No-Fly zone over Ukraine, 2) Russia would shoot down NATO planes then, 3) direct military conflict with Russia is not something anyone should want. I wonder what the purpose his tweet was supposed to have. Give Ukrainians false hope ? Support Borris ? What I wonder.
2 Likes

It would actually be an interesting test. There are suspicions that the Russian gear is not up to spec for air combat (would not be the first time), particularly on ECM. Lots of evidence that suggests the Russians are much further behind than they want anyone to know (ie. J-15 is clearly far more sophisticated than the Su-33, despite being completely derivative from the Su-33). Relatively low cost line to dare the Russians to cross.

My broader concern though is that I am still fairly convinced that Putin’s least preferred alternative is to actually have a conflict, but both sides are running out of options. 1914 comes to mind. I am not sure the above helps.

3 Likes