UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Come work with me for a day, shouting at them for abusing computers is great fun :slight_smile:

Youā€™ve got to fight back man! I was pleased when my eldest (just turned 7) complained ā€˜why do you act like you think you are a Kingā€™ when I demanded my 3 boys tidy up the Knex, Lego, pipe cleaner animals messes strewn through the house before being allowed to go for a swim. My wife said he has obviously twigged about my tyrannical dictator tendencies but I say youā€™ve got to take anything you canā€¦

1 Like

when I would tell mine the sameā€¦ as young as they were, one said to meā€¦
ā€œyou should be nice to us because we will be looking after you when you are grannyā€™s ageā€
made me laugh that oneā€¦ :0)

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Oh now they close it? Given the insane visa process for many other routes, I wonder why thereā€™s still issues with fraud and security for what must be a vanishingly low number of applicationsā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, it should never have been introduced in the first place but glad itā€™s now gone.

3 Likes

Give me you rested, your rich, Your individuals yearning to launder aā€™free, The wretched opulent of your barren shore.

Do France have any statues left?

Too late I know.

3 Likes

They canā€™t have given them all to the States, can they? The ones left behind probably donā€™t have similar inscriptions though.

NB.

ā€œGive me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!ā€

A bit of Andy Burnham for dinner

3 Likes

So Boris et al will get to see Susieā€™s notes before filling in their questionnaires??

Seems legit.

I think he would have anyway before it went to the police.

The latest is that those who made statements tp susie see what they have said, nothing else. Apparently a request by the union.

1 Like

It feels like something new leaks every weekā€¦

1 Like

Should make @cynicaloldgit happy, at least.

1 Like

A piece from Kier Starmer in the Guardian