UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Doubt many would have thought about that until now…

1 Like

Pretty sure staff at the Home Office would have. They can put into place processess to alleviate that risk and may have been doing so behind the scenes before anything could get announced. Certainly no need for the threat to be exaggerated or misrepresented by some of those on social media.

Funnily enough the bit i remember most from Scarface is the intro where it talks about Cuba sending all the crooks to the US…

1 Like

I was specifically referencing the supposed bad actors in this scenario.

1 Like

What happens to the government now then if Russian oligarchs have had their assets frozen? I presume that means the Tory party are now officially unable to perform their duties ( although that’s been known for a while, without needing the oligarchs)

They have thoroughly investigated themselves, found no evidence of impropriety, and the matter is now closed.

1 Like

Drag Race Lol GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I should have guessed that, was it done by the newly appointed Lord Abramovich of Chelsea ?

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Priti Patel should cite Priti Patel as an example of why refugees should not be allowed in.

1 Like

Except I don’t think her family were refugees but came here as economic migrants before Idi Amin came to power in Uganda.

1 Like

Priti Patel should use Priti Patel as an example of why economic migrants should not be allowed in.

Fuck it - Priti Patel should volunteer for the front line in Kiev.

1 Like

Timely article.

‘Boris’ is not a great name for a Russian asset?

2 Likes

For Johnson, whose party is closely tied to Russia, and who is personally closely tied to Russia, and who had made some very questionable comments about blame for Crimea, and all since 2014, it’s such a peculiar read. Hiding in plain sight perhaps?

Sigh. Here’s the conversation:

[A decision made in the run up to the 2015 GE]

[It won the 2015 GE for the Conservatives]

[It being felt that Cameron had to give the Eurosceptic side of the party the offer of a referendum on the EU in the 2015 GE manifesto in order to prevent internal division]

[The 2015 GE when Cameron was up against Milliband]

[This wasn’t Cameron. This was May up against Corbyn in 2017, after the EU referendum had already happened]

[The 2015 GE]

Can’t have been. ERG had already got what they wanted by then; see comment that initiated the exchange “It wasn’t until the ERG was given wings by Cameron’s decision to hold a referendum that they were able to marshall enough support to actually make Brexit plausible”, this can only relate to the run up to the 2015 GE.

Which was pledged in the 2015 GE conservative manifesto. It cannot have secured support after it had already been held - past consideration is no consideration.

“Cameron made that pledge to see off a challenge from the Tory right.” (quite, in the run up to the 2015 GE)

I had left it but given it was revisited I ought to further point out that I never touted the EU referendum result as a “historic landslide”… :man_facepalming:t2:

The peer is Lord Young (Labour), the lady chastising him is Lady Bloomfield.

This made me laugh…

1 Like

“going cap in hand from dictator to dictator is not an energy strategy”

Keir Starmer. I don’t think it can be put any better than that.

7 Likes

Love to know his immediate alternative.

1 Like

Think Labour were advocating a stronger push towards developing more green energy capacity, along with a nationwide investment into improving insulation. It’s not immediate, but there is no option that is. Not even Middle Eastern oil and gas.

3 Likes

So the same as Conservative policy? The problem is that there is no immediate viable alternative to energy security that isn’t unpalatable to varying degrees. On the whole, petrostates are dominated by cuntish regimes.

1 Like