UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Boris has to go today.

2 Likes

He’ll surely do what politicians do these days? Just stay put and wait for people to forget? Or do you genuinely think that the fat lady has sung this time?

5 Likes

What should happen is he leaves, now.

What will happen is he’ll bluster, Borris, erm, hair, deflect, defend, obfuscate and take zero responsibility for his actions. Not his fault you see, not his fault.

Utter cunt if he stays, not to say he isn’t currently.

Off to fill in French immigration forms so I can vote Le Pen……

1 Like

I can’t see him going before the local elections. The conservatives will present this as the litmus test for his leadership and will argue he couldn’t go right now as his advocacy is needed on the international stage due to Ukraine. Important to show continuity and cohesion among the allies blah, blah, blah.

Sunak though, less crucial for that, sorry Rishi you’re disposable and too toxic right now. The public need a senior sacrificial lamb, and our core base won’t be sad about it because, you know, and our red wall loaned support won’t be sad about it because, national insurance rise, billionaire etc.

1 Like

But if Sunak goes doesn’t that make Johnson’s position untenable ?

Depends. This whole green card, wife’s non-dom status stuff adds an extra layer of garnish. Ironic really. Is Johnson still a dual UK/US citizen?

Also depends on the full context too. Maybe Downing Street will now say it’s back to the Grey report?

50 fines of Grey.

Any news on whether Simon Case has also been fined?

No, he gave that up a few years ago i think.

1 Like

Has anyone double checked or are we taking his word for it?!

Possible that you are right, but a couple of factors that might come into play:

1 - How many fines did/will he get? - If he is found to have gotten multiple fines then that makes it even harder for him to remain

2 - How many fines has/will Carrie get? - She has been confirmed to be getting fined also, but if she also gets multiple then that really would be the straw that will break the camels back

So totting up the week in Tory, we’ve had one MP found guilty of sex offences against a minor, another MP trying to defend him, the Chancellor’s tax affairs coming under scrutiny and now the Prime Minister and Chancellor sanctioned for breaking the law.

It’s now at the point where anyone voting for these cunts are part of the problem. Anyone using the phrase ‘they are all as bad as each other’ needs their head examining.

6 Likes

God, I hope that’s a piss take!

Don’t forget the PM’s wife has also been fined for breaking the law

Of course. The actual Prime Minister.

I was about to add that another got caught posing next to a few lines of coke but that was the week before so totally immaterial…

The killer of David Amess got sentenced though so probably pushed it from the headlines.

Increasing heat on Downing Street now though. They’ll need Truss to inadvertently incite nuclear armageddon again.

That’s my worry. That emergency summit talks for ‘project save big dog’ conclude that the outbreak of Thermonuclear War is the only option.

Meanwhile, the first Tory apologist is out of the blocks and for anyone with money on it, it’s beta version human MP node, Michael Fabricant.

The PM was only doing what Doctors and Teachers were doing, apparently. Maybe, but they weren’t setting the rules, we’re they? Or in a position which has an expectation of setting a moral example to the country?

2 Likes

Hopefully this claim backfires on them. Utterly absurd.

1 Like

Totally irrelevent. No need to continually drag up what’s in the past :rofl:

He should go with the defence that they live where they work. That, to me at least, is a more credible angle. Certainly better than “yeah, but everyone was at it” which a) they definitely weren’t and b) weren’t obligated to lead by example.

2 Likes

The same thing happened in the 1939 when the Government decided it wouldn’t be right to destabilise Government during a crisis, and allowed Neville Chamberlain to remain as Prime Minister until the war was over.

Oh no. Wait. That’s literally the opposite of what happened.