UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

11 Likes

This lemon is dangerous

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of curious with that article that he seems to say that the Sun or Moon are driving climate change. I can see why the Sun would back up that argument but itā€™s actually doing the opposite of what they hope it would at the moment, but the Moon? What artifact of wishful thinking is going on there?

None that I know of to be honest. Sun phases and orbit variations I can understand but the moon no, unless they are talking tides, which is hogwash.

On the political front I find Steve Baker an extremely worrying individual. He pushes stuff like this, Brexit etc. While also weaving his nasty little tentacles quietly through the Conservative party.

He is a nasty piece of work imo and probably a full on disaster capitalist behind the scenes.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The government efficiencies minister cals forā€¦ Civil servants to be less efficient?

1 Like

What?
From the man who lounges in the commons! :roll_eyes:

Efficiency for you. Doing the day job and sleeping at the same time so more can be done in the hours of darkness

2 Likes

1 Like

Forecast to be the slowest growing economy in the G20 apart from Russia. This after being one of the slowest to recovery to pre-pandemic GDP levels.

UK:
winning charlie sheen GIF

1 Like

Badge of honour? Maybe itā€™s what happens when you go further on sanctioning Russia than anyone else.

BoJo is starting his speech currently and I find myself not caring in the slightest. It is a strange state of mind I find myself in, in that who cares? Yes, there is the 1% that care about it and know the complexities surrounding the situation but my feeling is that the vast majority (sadly including myself) just donā€™t care.

Him going (not that he will) wonā€™t change anything.

Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with leaving the largest trading block in the world without a suitable agreement going forward?

Not criticising the decision, Iā€™m criticising the application.

2 Likes

As you know, Iā€™m critical of the application too. What do you put the fastest growth among the G7 in the last 12 months down to then?

Having one of the biggest drops in the G7 from mismanagement of the pandemic and Brexit combined. That and opening up earlier than others.

1 Like

So Brexit has already been factored in. The slower growth forecast isnā€™t related to Brexit but more recent variables.

Boris has turned a corner, heā€™s now ready to be PM, I think.

He hasnā€™t once brought up Jimmy Saville.

Growth.

No, Brexit isnā€™t that short a term even though weā€™ve literally fallen off a cliff. The OBR have predicted this (Brexit impact to be 2x that of Covid)

1 Like

I know itā€™s not. The Brexit impact was factored in the original forecast, the downward adjustment referred to in the article is predominantly caused by events in the last quarter.

The Ukraine war will ā€œseverely set backā€ global growth with the UK hit harder than most, the IMF says.

A money laundering crisis. :rofl:

2 Likes