UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I thought you were joking :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

During COVID lockdowns, unleaded fuel dropped to just over Ā£1 per litre. It was 50p a litre in 1993. Now itā€™s hovering around Ā£1.65 with diesel at Ā£1.80

As an example, the stock that we use / sell at work went up 40% last year and is on course to go up about 20% this year. A perfect storm unfortunately.

1 Like

You work in a soup factory?

Shouldnā€™t rule out gravy.

1 Like

Maybe a gravy train?

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve read that the MP under investigation is in his 50s. That applies to 3 out of the 5 I named in this post from 9 days ago. I donā€™t know if it is any of them but if it turns out that it isā€¦

Well.

I wish.

1 Like

You both jest, but if things get much worse, the poor bloke might have to resort to digging around in the slops bucket

@kopstar about covered it. Inflation at 9% but RPI (retail price index) has hit 11% and we havenā€™t peaked yet.

Heating oil used to hover around the 45p to 50p per litre mark pre pandemic. During the pandemic I saw it at 16p for a moment. Best Iā€™ve seen last week was 98p/l.

Another rise in energy prices will come in October. The UK price cap system has actually managed to remove market competition and remove consumer protection against price hikes at the same time. And the standing charge is mental. Weā€™re paying an increased cost for having the same service connection we did last year.

Itā€™s pretty easy to find put who this is, but he has previously advocated the chemical castration of rapists. Wondering if thatā€™s something he stands by.

Based on his voting record, no right thinking person would like them. Heā€™s horrific.

Sorry, but youā€™re going to need to narrow it down some more :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™ve now seen who itā€™s rumoured to be. Definitely a shitstain. My guys can breathe easy.

Lovely chap, isnā€™t he?

Consistently voted against LGBT rights, supports the reintroduction of the death penalty, and supports detainment of asylum seekers. A real charmer.

Yup. Fairly prominent too. Even before this allegation Iā€™d expect most people would have thought him a wanker.

Dont know George Freeman, but the remainder seemed deeply unlikely.

Talking of wankersā€¦

So it could be any male tory MP then?

1 Like

On a completely separate topic on general UK politics are there many Male UK politicians who vote against LGBT rights fairly often, agree with capital punishment and want those horrible asylum seekers to be detained?

Only if you read the Guardian.

Probably a majority as long as the Tories are in power

2 Likes