UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

4 Likes

Flobs has a thread in his head.

Tread carefully, itā€™s pretty nuts in there.

4 Likes

Glad thereā€™s something in there.

2 Likes

My issue with these is that Farage will do all his work on TV, radio, and on line. I suspect he wont do much in parliament because heā€™ll find himself quickly out of his depth.

As much as I despise the idea, the BBC needs a clearout of all the right wing propagandists that reside there. Remove the people that gave him a platform, despite him being a loud nothing before this election.

I also suspect the people of Clacton may find themselves disappointed with their choice of MP. Heā€™s not there because he cares about the area.

2 Likes

Now that will be fascinating. Along with how much work for Clacton he wont do.

Iā€™d go full Vegemite if Clacton was a town at risk from the impacts of Climate Change. Watching him get is mug around that could be laughable.

1 Like

I wonā€™t hold my breathā€¦

That cunt has his own chair on QT.

And isnā€™t it funny that Reform won as many seats as the Greens??

Anyone see the Greens on the telly every fucking day?

Yeah, nah, didnā€™t think so.

6 Likes

Itā€™s highly likely that he and Tim Davie are mates.

2 Likes

To be fair, I think there is some merit to that as they didnā€™t win nearly as many votes.

However, that also ignores the causative chain that Reform could only get that many votes thanks to the favourable coverage from the mainstream news outlets. The ones that they claim they are being censored by.

No coincidence that one of the QT producers was shown to be sympathetic to the far right.

3 Likes

https://x.com/Redpeter99/status/1809473237182459996?t=R0Ng0yaltPMbdltCA_bIYA&s=19

Lots of copium being smoked hereā€¦

1 Like

Not a single bacon butty in sightā€¦

I is disappoint.

5 Likes

They clearly donā€™t want to upset Muslims and Jews.

2 Likes

Day 1.

Rwanda.

Bin.

Thatā€™ll do me.

4 Likes

22??? He looks older than me!

1 Like

Seems simple enough

3 Likes

Have you ever met him? His image was largely created by the gutter press. I think they decided on the goofy image when the antisemitic hatchet job on him drew a sharp intake of breath.

3 Likes

https://x.com/sjsuth/status/1809458792351904046?s=46&t=wYI1UQq4Zm7qgLRSA8YMdw

12 Likes

Heā€™s my MPā€¦

2 Likes

Labour will renationalise the railways as soon as possible according to the new Transport Secretary.

Could it possible that we actually have some grown ups in charge of this country now?

8 Likes

We hope.

They will have to wait until the existing contracts expire and go from there transferring staff etc.

Water companies will be one Iā€™m watching. Youā€™ve got an industry that has suffered from massive underinvestment but even those private companies are struggling to make it work in some instances.

Welsh Water which is a not for profit organisation has still struggled and we suffer unacceptable sewerage discharges. So even that needs revitalising.

Weā€™ll have to watch how the financial relationship between Wales (and Scotland) with Westminster defelops.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know about Ed, but I have listened David several times since his NGO operates in Gaza/Palestine. I was really impressed about his openness about Israeli atrocities and the sufferings of the Palestine.

5 Likes