US Election 2024

Biden and the Clintons endorsing Harris.

1 Like

That’ll win back the conspiracy theorists who think Biden and the Clinton’s eat children under pizza restaurants :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t think they were winnable anyhow.

I think some would struggle to understand the concept of voting and would accuse the polling staff as being lizards or CIA agents.

Anyhow a thread not about Trent.

2 Likes

Somewhat as expected, the big endorsements for Kamala are now flying in, and importantly from all the pillars of the Dem coalition

• Biden
  • Bill and Hillary
  • Congressional Black Caucus
  • Progressive Caucus Chairwoman, Pramila Jayapal
  • Elizabeth Warren

The CBC was until yesterday the most critical stalwart of Biden support, with critics of the push to get him out claiming doing so would alienate the black women vote who were so crucial to his win in 2020 and were still supporting him. For them to shift so quickly and without drama to Kamala is an important marker I think

6 Likes

Teacher’s pet.

I am very interested who the VP pick will be. I dont think it would be wise for Pete to accept as I wouldn’t want to be linked to her in this manner.

Just because some of that is false doesn’t mean it’s all a lie.

It’ll be a white midwestern or southern male. Likely someone like Beshear or Cooper would be my guess

1 Like

NC governor, Roy Cooper is seemingly getting a lot of buzz. I genuinely dont know much about him, other than he won reelection in a classic southern swing state and is term limited so is leaving office regardless at the end of the year.

2 Likes

I’m watching some self news guy on Twitch talking about it and I think he said Kamala had appeared at an event with Cooper a couple of weeks ago.

He was also looking at a betting site which although early days suggested Shapiro might be a strong contender (as Philly is a key state?)

My bias is that VP picks rarely provide those sort of localized benefits the experts get excited about. Shapiro is popular and seemingly effective. I think he’s as likely to drive as many votes to Kamala as a strong surrogate as he is a VP pick, and that way he still gets to stay in office doing the good job he is doing.

2 Likes

First things first. Xander won The Open. Great round, 65, worthy winner.

I’ve been looking into this a bit, which is to say a few minutes, lol, and it would seem a Governor will be the VP pick of Harris. Shapiro and Cooper the two I’ve seen mentioned.

Hopefully no one will challenge her, especially with all the endorsements she is getting. It seems inevitable she will be the nominee and it should be smooth.

2 Likes

I agree with this. A good VP pick is someone that doesn’t lose you votes. Seldom do people actually vote for a VP on the Presidential ticket.

The press - Dems in disarry

The Dems - rationally throwing support from all angles behind the obvious choice in an attempt to reduce the potential for any more drama over this ticket as possible and get clarity on it ASAP.

The press - this is a coronation, not a democratic process

5 Likes

5 Likes

Looking forward to the next 3 months on mainstream / prograded news outlets: If you don’t vote for the first ever black female president, you’re a racist, sexist or bigot.

1 Like

Has Trump changed his Truth Social bio to ‘Thee oldest US presidential candidate in history’ yet?

3 Likes

Well the opposition is a racist, sexist, bigot.

4 Likes

Yawn :yawning_face:

Yeah tiresome indeed.

9 Likes

Looking forward to the next three months on the extreme-right media too - not free, but bought-and-paid-for-by-billionaires.

Have a view on Trump and on Harris by all means, and vote accordingly. It doesn’t make you racist, sexist or a bigot. Your vote is your privilege.

Still, Trump is definitely all three of those, and more besides, including convicted felon. I look forward to Harris piling into him openly, before the American people, the next few months.

She will double down on abortion - a losing position for Republicans, and will hopefully mobilize suburban women in force, both on that issue, and Trump’s history of sexually assaulting women.

A woman can go after him, with vigor, on those issues, and I look forward to seeing it happen. Her history as an Attorney General for California will also make her go after him on his various convictions and lawsuits, with precision and force.

I can’t wait until they debate. He will look so old and past it.

It’s hard to say who will win, as millions of Americans have been conned by Trump, and the electoral college system means he won’t even need to win more votes than his opponent, again.

But at least we now have a fight, and I look forward to seeing Kamala Harris take the gloves off.

4 Likes