US Election 2024

Of all the horrid shit Trump has done, this must be near the top of the list. And I don’t need to clip him out of context or twist the truth like some posts above…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-pardons-blackwater-iraq-war/2020/12/23/3f6bd0d8-454c-11eb-a277-49a6d1f9dff1_story.html

Only reason it isn’t brought up at all is because of the sheer flood of awfulness he embodies. Hard to remember everything he has done, but this particular story is hard to forget for me, so pardon those of us that don’t care too much about him getting a bloody ear.

6 Likes

Yeah, because American citizens don’t commit any crime.

Oh wait…

1 Like

Ive literally just had this coversation with a guy in the office. Not deterred by the fact that the UK government had deliberately stopped processing asylum applications and had basically thrown the doors open to anyone and everyone that could get to the uk by any means possible. That also means that people could arrive, claim asylum, get put in a hotel then disappear.

He preferred to list out the benefits they get as some kind of hardship just as you have.

Anyway, hes now heading to the States to claim asylum as a holiday. I wished him luck

3 Likes

Well using the deaths of people like this is disgusting - but in the spirit of your post…

Rachel Morin was killed by an El Salvadoran man in Maryland - not exactly close to the border. This was the man’s 4th time in the USA so he’d also snuck in also multiple other “Border Czars”

Mollie Tibbetts was killed in 2018 under Donald Trump’s administration.

Lizbeth Medina was killed by man who came to the country legally, but then overstayed. Not sure how border security can stop that easily?

Kate Steinle was killed in 2015 - under Obama - and her death was ruled accidental after someone picked up a weapon off the floor and the gun went off. It ricocheted and tragically killed her.

Sarah Anne Root died in 2016 after being hit by a drunk driver in Nebraska. Harris was the California DA at this time and, obviously, not involved.

Laken Riley was killed in 2023 by a man who had been released by border agents after being captured after crossing the border. He was released into the United States under the “catch and release” policy - which is that people accused of illegally entering the US are allowed to stay while their case is being heard in an immigration court. This is not a new policy and has been in effect since at least George W Bush’s administration.

Pretty disgusting that you’re willing to use these girls faces to attack politicians you don’t like but are not arsed enough to actually look into any of their deaths. You don’t care about these women, you care about how you can use their deaths to further your political opinion.

13 Likes

Anyway, a slight change of pace, a reminder from my local congressman that this is not a coronation. This is politics and anyone else in the party was and still is free to work the phones like she did to gather enough support to contest the nomination.

https://x.com/MaxwellFrostFL/status/1815454394013413666

3 Likes

It’s actually a good policy - free healthcare means you can reduce public health crisis much quicker if they are carrying something that can be easily spread.

you are also making it easier to find out who they are and reduce the likelyhood they are being trafficked or exploited.

3 Likes

I can’t believe an MTG parody account lied to me!

2 Likes

He’s posting tweets from a MTG parody account. His one response was literally copy and pasting the two top X comments. Pretty obvious he doesn’t care.

3 Likes

A situation enabled by Trump’s use of title 42. As this was enacted via public health policy rather than border enforcement the removals were not processed in the same way, which eliminated much of the peril for single men trying to get across the border to find work. The result was a massive increase in repeat offenders such as this guy, whose first several deportations were done on Trump’s watch.

Title 42, the jewel in the Trump admin’s border enforcement policy, was like having a hole in your boat, ignoring the hole and just bailing water over the side with a small bucket. Beyond the inhumanity of their rhetoric, their ideas for how to address challenges at the border were ineffective, the result of a pathetically unsophisticated understanding of any of the dynamics.

3 Likes

I dont expect a response from Ronnie so it’s worth revisiting this.

The profile of who is trying to cross the border has changed a lot since the W Bush era, with a lot more people trying to come up from Central and South America. The Obama admin determined that border enforcement without trying to help those countries address the root cause of what is causing people to flee was going to be a losing battle. That is what Biden ran for Obama…diplomacy with those countries to come up with approaches that could help them with their problems so we saw less of an effect of them. This is what Harris was given by Biden. It has nothing to do with enforcement or Homeland Security. When you hear the hit pieces of “She didnt even go to the border” the reason is because her job had nothing to do with border enforcement, but getting on the phone with the president of El Salvador and neighboring countries to help them manage the “root cause” of why people are so desperate to leave at rates we didn’t see 20 years ago

3 Likes

He’s desperately scrolling through tiktok to find a video that challenges you.

3 Likes

Note, this is also why there is such need for new legislation. Our existing legislation that governs how the government must manage immigrant encounters at the border are based on the presumption these people are Mexican men coming crossing to find work, as was the case during the 90s when the last of the meaningful laws were passed. The process grinds to a halt when having to deal with people who cannot be processed in that way.

2 Likes

You are in form today. Well done. :+1:

5 Likes

Remember no political violence :joy:

https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1815792983960150238

11 Likes

Did not want Biden to get a “win” on policy he planned attacking him with. Petty bullshit… pretty much on brand for Trump.

3 Likes

Wow! Somebody has been reading this thread…

3 Likes

Quoting MTG is supposed to bolster your arguments?

If not for Lauren Gropebert, MTG would easily win dumbest person to ever serve in halls of the US Congress…and it would not even be a contest.

This guy, previously utterly unknown to everyone outside of Minnesota, has been a tv news tear this week and has been amazing. I genuinely think the most effective campaign angle for Dems in this era is anything that highlights just how fucking weird the people are in MAGA world. I have seen no one do it as well, with as much downhome everyman charm, as this guy.
https://x.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1816103542429511838

He could well be doing this JUST as an eager surrogate willing to jump in and kick start a campaign that started late. But this looks every bit part of his VP interview process and he is very quickly become my favourite.

5 Likes

weird = fascist

I’m confused. How can it be a parody account if it posts the same disgusting and batshit crazy stuff as MTG posts?

Shouldn’t it just be a wannabe account?

1 Like