US Election 2024

Yep , looks like he’d be a seriously bad pick actually.

https://www.salon.com/2024/07/30/picking-josh-shapiro-could-be-for-harris--heres-why/

1 Like

It reveals a deep rot at the heart of our country.

The common cry is that Garland was slow to get his investigations started, somehow believing that his office did nothing until they appointed Jack Smith. But the day his nomination was approved he started moving on the Jan6th case and was repeatedly obstructed by mid level FBI Trump loyalists willing to do whatever it takes to cover for him. The USSS performed a mass deletion of their work phones. Congress spent about week condemning the actions and then very quickly got back in line to try to convince the public the thing we all saw happen didn’t happen.

People need to get their fucking heads out of their arses and wise up to how perilous the situation is. This is not one guy acting against the government. It is a guy who already has half the government on his side.

5 Likes

This is a post I made from 2 days ago commenting on what Maddow is discussing in the video

2 Likes

Something something deep state something something

It’s starting to feel like Harris will have to win by such a margin that thwarting her ascension to the Presidency won’t fly. And even then, it’s hard to know what Trump’s acolytes will do.

It is quite appalling.

5 Likes

Rumours that Vance might in fact get dumped. His polling numbers are by a healthy margin the worst ever recorded for a VP candidate, and he has been a liability for two weeks in a role where you are barely supposed to be noticed. His support even among identified Republicans is soft.

4 Likes

Even by Trump standards this is going to be fast.

“I hire the best people.” :rofl:
At least he is creating jobs.

6 Likes

He’s not creating jobs, he’s creating churn. Extra economic costs for hiring the wrong person to begin with…

2 Likes

Woah…

https://x.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1818411988956914140?t=lg9tySnkZDxnc5z15Bx_cg&s=19

I don’t even know where to begin with this one…

‘Scientists’ apparently…

10 Likes

Sad to see how far David Schwimmer has fallen since Friends ended.

5 Likes

Last we saw him, he was shoplifting in Blackpool:

4 Likes

https://x.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1818453771262836919?t=ARjWdWZO858kKshrYV0C3g&s=19

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Meghan McCain’s father must roll over in his grave from some of the shit she spews.

1 Like

Beyond just enjoying the situation as it plays out, it is amusing on two angles.

This is a party who made such a stink about the illegality of the Biden-Harris switch, despite Biden not yet being the nominee. Yet they now have an official ticket approved by the party at the convention. They face the actual legal challenges making a change at this point they pretended to believe the Harris ticket should face. It probably wouldnt come to anything, but it would cost energy and resources to make it happen and defend it.

The other is it would require Trump to admit a mistake. And he has never done that in his life.

1 Like

Not a lot of people know this, but did you know John McCain is her dad?

1 Like

Me to @cynicaloldgit: “If you have something to say, say it to my face.”

Go on, Momala

2 Likes

Does she do her own stunts too?

2 Likes

Can someone tell Jill Stein to stand down ?

The democrats don’t need more votes being taken from them.

Your korma sucks.

There.

2 Likes

I refuse to debate you.

2 Likes