US Election 2024

No worries. Your korma speaks for itself.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a Russian shill who is running to help Trump.

2 Likes

I listened to another dynamite Tim Walz interview yesterday.

Before becoming governor he represented MNā€™s first district in the House of Representatives for 10 years. He spoke of them having a trap shooting contest every year, and every year he won, and every year he would mock the Republicans on the bus back to Capital Hill for being gun posers who couldnt beat a ā€œliberal gun grabberā€ in a shooting competition.

10 Likes

Have anyone tried the korma?

1 Like

Iā€™m the one who cares about you, @Iftikhar

Donā€™t you dare forget.

1 Like

^^^

Classic Passive Aggressive

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking. Can you imagine our misfortune of not being able to taste that heavenly delight.

1 Like

https://x.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1818655383520432594
Tea leaf reading - messaging to funders suggests she is likely top pick a governor. Doesnt narrow it down that much, but may indicate Kelly is out of the running

2 Likes

Surely Kelly is too western.

Nate Silver giving Harris more of a chance than Biden had (nothing surprising there). Says she is still underdog for electoral votes, yet will probably take the popular vote.

Depends. There have been fairly succesful runs in the world series of poker where players have told their opponents what they have and left the opponent to stress out over whether or not it is actually true (i.e Jamie Gold over a decade ago)

3 Likes

That suggests strategy. Iā€™m not sure Trump could even spell ā€œstrategyā€ let alone have one

3 Likes

I wonder if he is exactly the sort of person you can rely on against Vance / trump because his style feels somewhat natural to him, and he can spin an attack from almost everything.

A lot of trumps opponents lack the charisma and skill to balance defence and attack lines and get bogged down.

2 Likes

Big Brother in the US is different as the house guests vote on who leaves. The second season was won by a guy who after every key conversation with another house guest who wanted him out said ā€œbut of course, I say what you want to hear now, but you know you cannot trust me, right? I will lie right to your face.ā€ And week after week he avoided being kicked out by people who immediately regretted it only for the cycle to begin again :joy:

3 Likes

Seems so. The whole gun story was told to position his defense of gun control legislation as coming from someone who has lived around guns all his life and knows how to use them, whereas the people criticizing him are posers who only ever touch them when itā€™s time to run a campaign ad or take a picture for a christmas card.

3 Likes

Chants of ā€˜weirdoā€™ could be heard outside the auditorium in Chicago where Trump has just taken the stage and is about to be interviewed by members from the National Association of Black Journalists. Should be fun.

'As soon as the former president sat down, Rachel Scott of ABC News reviewed his racist remarks about Black leaders and Black Americans. ā€œI donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been asked a question in such a horrible way,ā€ Trump replied, calling ABC News ā€œFake news.ā€ - NYT

2 Likes

If he thinks that performance is going to win him more Black votes then heā€™s living in cloud cuckoo land. What an absolute shitshow that was , and his campaign team realised it too and got him off the stage early.

Watch it here ;

https://www.youtube.com/live/CLErciTpl7A?si=Tlpc38_PqBvHrkmi

2 Likes

https://x.com/yashar/status/1818716595105260029

3 Likes

I lasted 5 minutes. Iā€™m biased on this topic but that was truly awful and pathetic.

1 Like

Can the Republicans change their candidate too?

I donā€™t suppose the NABJ is a major influence nationally, but Trump has shown that he canā€™t get out of the habit of talking to his base. It looks right now as if heā€™d be roasted in a debate in which heā€™d have to appeal to the nation rather than the maga crowd.

1 Like