US Election 2024

There was a good amount of anger about this event even happening given one of the panelists was Harris Faulkner, a textbook Fox News propogandist. The NABJ took a ton of shit for it and Co Chair Karen Attiah (incidentally, a Liverpool fan) even stood down in protest. But they firmly defended the decision to invite him (even if often mischaracterizing the criticism as being about Trump rather than Faulkner).

I’ve now watched the 11 min supercut and it is worse than I could ever have imagined. Just total train wreck stuff. Is it possible they coaxed him into appearing with the appeal of a friendly face being on the panel and then let Rachel Scott loose on him?

2 Likes

He so full of shit… How on earth anyone can be taken in by his constant, long-winded bullshit, is way beyond me…
In the comments section… best one stated -
" He stopped at certain points to receive applause from the audience - but he was met with silence each time " :0)

2 Likes

https://x.com/ArtCandee/status/1818714136131649749

3 Likes

Heard a single cheer from the back of the room. Nice to know @LuisSuarez is doing well.

9 Likes

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1818773030199275910

1 Like

“Where’s my African American?”

2 Likes

I wonder how Trump’s rejection of the concept of being biracial is going down in the Vance house? Or, more amusingly, how quickly Vance will go on tv and throw his kids under the bus to agree with Trump.

4 Likes

The Korma is probably shit, period.

Stories of #wheniturnedblack :joy:

https://x.com/roywoodjr/status/1818738112920715425?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

6 Likes

Trump claimed he only just found out she was black as he always thought she only claimed to be Indian. Is it possibly he’s confusing her for Haley who he only recently found out was Indian after previously thinking she was white?

3 Likes

Waiting for the “What he meant to say was…” opinion pieces.

7 Likes

You know how the Indian community has always positively swarmed around Howard University, the confusion is understandable.

2 Likes

Ho lee fuck

7 Likes

I bought some shorts from Ross Dress for Less when I was in Guam earlier this year and didn’t notice they weren’t just plain grey shorts, they actually were plain grey shorts with a Howard University badge on the left leg.

Now I don’t know if wearing them is some sort of cultural appropriation :joy:

5 Likes

when even Poe’s law stops working…

1 Like

And to think it took less than 24hours to read something stupider than, ‘voting for a female transitions you into a woman’…

2 Likes

Trump: “they are taking black jobs”
Interviewer: “sir what is a ‘Black Job’?”
Trump:

9 Likes

Apparently, when she was at Westmount in Montreal, the issue was always people not realizing she was part-Indian.

2 Likes

Shit, watching this NABJ interview is a difficult watch. A whole lotta nothing from Trump. All I wanted was for Rachel Scott to say " Sir…Sir!..SIR! You are rambling again."

What.The.Fuck is he even talking about for 95% of that?

3 Likes

This is why I almost exclusively refuse to watch anything he’s involved in.

4 Likes