US Election 2024

You also need to bear in mind that his profile has not been that high. Ten days ago less than 10% of all voters knew who he was, whereas Harris has been a national figure for years. He also hasn’t previously made any national ambitions known.

3 Likes

Also think it had a lot to do with money. Earlier donations were to the Biden-Harris campaign, so Kamala was the only candidate who could legally use those prior donations.

When your personal narrative only has good and evil and not the complexity of humanity…

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1820989356787503502
https://x.com/politvidchannel/status/1821138478048112974
https://x.com/Logically_JC/status/1820967511908557152

https://x.com/OMGno2trump/status/1820977945974091917

2 Likes

You’ll laugh at me, but when I first heard of the guy, and watched him in interviews, with his open demeanor and his big smiles, with that feeling he gives that he’s a honest man and says what he thinks, he immediately made me think about Kloppo. That’s why I’m not surprised to see this. :+1:

Only thing missing for now are the big hugs. :joy:

6 Likes

I watched the video with his daughter and it instantly reminded me of Klopp. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This is him after singing the free school lunch bill

5 Likes

Did you mean to write scientologist?!?!?!

1 Like

The Elections Board interference is extremely worrying.
No idea what the Democrats can do to counter it, but it could well be catastrophic.

I am sure announcing it the normal way would have sufficed…but he has to show his musical talents…

4 Likes

The Dems supported Biden because he chose to run again and it is very rare that anyone in good standing in the party challenges that. Had Biden chosen not to run and we had the normal set of primaries Walz has the sort of profile that you could imagine making a credible outside challenge. He is exactly the sort of candidate that the long drawn out primary process is designed to give enough time for outside candidates like that to emerge, not too dissimilar to Clinton in 92. To that point, it is important to note that he has a big profile within the party, having served on important committees in his time in the house and acting as chair of the party’s governor’s association. Had he been able to generate organic momentum from a good showing in Iowa (which you’d imagine he would), it would have been easy to see how significant portions of the party would put their support behind him.

4 Likes

How visible to neutral/swing/republican voters are these committees or party roles?

What obviously must take precedent in the mind of Trump the Ogre… If he loses this election, his life as he knew it, will fall apart. Once the safety net, and presumptuous title of next POTUS is placed out of reach of his grubby fingers once and for all, hopefully, conviction after conviction for past demeanours will quickly follow.
That’s why, to me anyway, there can’t be any finishing line tape Kamala Harris & Tim Walz can burst through, as in any other race… Trump the Ogre, by any fair or foul methods necessary, will try to delay, delay, delay, and then delay some more, any winning announcement that should be made.
In never accepting the result per se, he will attempt to sue, sue, sue, and then sue some more, anything that moves if it means he prevents any impending trials he quickly has to face, from ever coming to reality.
If he is to go down, he will want to take as many casualties down with him… Riots, looting, strikes, you name it, he will already have it orchestrated, and it will probably happen -
If I was to place a bet, I still believe he will be taken out, it’s just a matter of time - The bigger the suspect pool becomes, the more likely it will happen.
Homeland security have just foiled a plot from Iran, still looking to take retribution for an assassination of one of their own a while back. They have a guy in custody now… It was planned for later this month.
Yeah… The more crazy this world becomes, nothing is off the table anymore

1 Like

Zero. I edited that final section to elaborate on why I even raised it (thinking of a hypothetical open 2024 primary in which he starts well in Iowa and all of a sudden experiences a groundswell of support from parts of the party).

2 Likes

A lot of his early positioning seems to be very focused on cutting off claims that he is a backroom guy. As Limie says, no profile at all with voters, but some clout in the Congress (Agriculture is huge) and as a Governor, so a serious pedigree but maybe not one that will appeal to the Bernie Bros.

1 Like

One of the big challenges Dem have in the modern environment is that a big chunk of voters like middle of the road Dem policy initiatives, they just come to dislike it as soon as they learn it is from the Dems. Walz’s record looks pretty liberal, and has been pointed to as an example of what a Dem party can do with a governing majority, but this isn’t due to ideology. His success has come from being able to position a popular policy that has generic support in a way those same supporters don’t run away from as soon as it is proposed by a “liberal”. I think that is something that has made him a very attractive governing partner.

4 Likes

So, what can be done to counteract the Elections Board interference in GA and elsewhere LS? Any options for the Dems on this? It looks like it could be crucial.

No idea, but it is being done so out in the open that superstar Dem election lawyer Marc Elias is already all over it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be weird if any other candidate started bragging about something so clearly undemocratic, but with Trump there are no limits to his brazenness/stupidity.

1 Like