US Election 2024

For you, my friend. This song is for you…

(It’s as if it was written about you).

1 Like

Oh dear

1 Like

I appreciate the thought, but the song is shite.

2 Likes

I thought it was fairly accurate (that is, your online persona rather). Apart from the dementia aspect of it of course, no one can accuse you of that.

1 Like

I don’t remember what we were talking about.

2 Likes

You were arguing democracy is a precious and lasting institution

2 Likes

Indeed I was.

2 Likes

Ok. That’s a good one
https://x.com/JayeJaybird54/status/1822368122399007170

9 Likes

Is Walz pronounced as in I was dancing with my darling to the Tennessee Waltz or is it more For the whom bell Walz?

People around the world wishing his parents had used birth control.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I do not miss those fucking corrugated plastic election posters wrapped around every tree and every traffic-light in Scandinavia. They make the cities look shite, and they’re either daubed with Chaplin/Hitler moustaches/ejaculating cocks within minutes or they’re ripped down and left in the gutter, but studies show they are, nonetheless, effective, even for Enhedslisten or De Rød-Grønne.

2 Likes

It’s pronounced ‘walls’.

Like, the “Walz of Jericho” and “Build the Walz!”?

I do like the fella, though. He reminds me a little of Ian Lavery, but hopefully his particular charm is utilised and illuminated a lot better.

2 Likes

Point taken, lol. Although I view posters as less intrusive myself than big tv propaganda shows and massive signs by the road :slight_smile:
But yeah, haha, you have a point.

1 Like

Politico was recently bought by a far right billionaire, who had executives pray for a Trump victory, so, I’m taking all this with a massive grain of salt.

3 Likes

He’s spiraling.

I think he is genuinely wounded at the realization that there is enthusiasm for his opponent. He is not interpreting this threat to his chances of winning, but on a more base level of someone else getting attention.

6 Likes

Halfway through this your head will spin from all the bullshit…

2 Likes

We have seen since Biden stood aside that Trump has totally and irrevocably lost it.Everything he comes up with is tripe, and his rambling has reached new levels, surely to the extent that a number of Republicans are wondering ,where to from here.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can lose something you never had?

3 Likes

Could have put this in a couple of other threads, but it’s pertinent to the election above all.

3 Likes