US Election 2024

I expect some of it to be drip leaked eventually. There are plenty of news operations who would show a little less compunction if they were to get a sniff of it.

Photos allegedly showing the Republican vice president in drag have circulated on social media, racking up more than 17 million views since they were first shared by Matt Bernstein, a content creator and host of A Bit Fruity podcast.

Critics have branded Vance a “hypocrite” over the images due to his stance on LGBT+ issues.

“Ladies and gentleman, a picture of JD Vance in drag while attending Yale Law School. I don’t share this to shame those who do drag, but rather to shame those who attack drag while having a history of enjoying the art form themselves,” one person posted on X.

Another person chimed in: “Don’t call JD Vance weird because he wore drag. Call him a hypocrite and a bigot for demonizing others who wear drag.”

“The thing about the JD Vance in drag thing is that we Millennials [sic] gays know precisely the type of guy he is. We all had friends who were liberal in their 20s, and once Trump came around, veered far to the right and blamed you for it,” another person posted.

The vice presidential candidate has not spoken publicly about the pictures but a source close to Vance told The Independent : “JD put on a bad wig at a party in college – not exactly scandalous.”

Vance’s spokesperson didn’t deny the photo is of the Ohio senator when contacted for comment.

Best comment I noted, said -
“Does he call himself Sofa Loren” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes
8 Likes

Couching Tiger?
More like Couching Pussy

1 Like

Never read the book, finally got round to listening to the podcast you linked to (I’ve listened to some of their other stuff before but had missed that this was on their thread.).The book sounds awful.

I was shocked to discover yesterday that there is even a movie based on Hillbillly Elegy from 2020 (with Amy Adams?)

3 Likes

Know your Enemy or If Books Could Kill?

IBCK is more cutting in its take down, but nothing was funnier than the KYE guys genuinely wanting to give it a real shot and coming away just taken aback by how bad the writing was. “Sure, he’s a bad person, but he’s an even worse writer.”

If Books could kill. I’d previously listened to their rich dad poor dad episode and a couple of others last year. I’ll give KYE a listen.

It’s a very different vibe. It isn’t supposed to be funny the way Michael and Peter obviously are, but their disdain for how bad the writing was in what was supposed to be a straight interpretation of Vance’s story was genuinely funny because it came up 4 or 5 times

1 Like

@Alright_Now_Legend

4 Likes

I am seeing a lot of skepticism that the hack was real. I get the base instinct to distrust everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth or that of anyone close to him, but can someone explain the supposed logic underlying to conspiracy theory? What appears to be the sequence of events is…

• In June the FBI started investigating reports from the Biden campaign of hacking attempts
  • FBI contact the Trump team to warn them of likely attempts
  • The Trump team then said “we know, we have already been hacked. We didnt want to tell you though because we dont trust you…DEEP STATE”
  • The material from a hack end up in the possession of 3 news outlets and once the Trump team learn of this they go public with the announcement of hte hack this weekend.

Is the theory that the Trump campaign somehow leaked these materials themselves? For what purpose? What is the conspiracy?

2 Likes

As a result, this incorrect conspiracy has spread across the internet by Republican commentators and MAGA supporters.

But the Harris campaign was quick to debunk this as they replied that it’s "an actual photo of a 15,000-person crowd for Harris-Walz in Michigan.”

“Trump has still not campaigned in a swing state in over a week… Low energy?” the Kamala HQ account hit back.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1822434509809205393

Due to the number of supporters at the Harris-Walz campaign rally, video footage posted from the crowd was also able to inevitably debunk Trump’s claim.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter user Micah Erfan responded to the conspiracy theory by sharing a video of a packed crowd which matched the image that was supposedly created by AI.

“Y’all are dying on the dumbest hill possible,” he wrote, which garnered over 3.6m views, and 69,000 likes.

3 Likes

The King and Mamala

1 Like

Do It… Just Do It

Judge Chutkan faces call to seize Trump’s passport after threat to flee to Venezuela

George Washington Law Professor Randall Eliason, a former federal prosecutor, called on U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to seize Donald Trump’s passport after he suggested that he might flee to Venezuela.

In a conversation with Elon Musk on Monday, Trump hinted that he would move to Venezuela if he lost the 2024 presidential election.

“If something happens with this election, which would be a horror show, we’ll meet the next time in Venezuela,” the former president told Musk.

In a case that is still pending, Trump was charged with alleged election interference after the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Eliason noted Tuesday that Chutkan had not required Trump to surrender his passport when he was first arraigned.

“In light of this interview, [special counsel Jack Smith] should move to modify Trump’s release conditions and have her require that he give up his passport,” Eliason wrote on X.

8 Likes

:joy:

10 Likes

Another sign that Florida is back in play
https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/1823408057466204443

I would still put my money on Trump and Scott both winning here, but at the very least having to work hard to keep a state they had banked on is positive in terms of how much attention and resources it will require them to divert here.

6 Likes

Liam deserves a gig in the future Harris/Walz administration.

https://x.com/theliamnissan/status/1823369127437730302?t=So1KFhmXMHuvAYJVxeA6Yw&s=19

5 Likes

“He doesn’t mean it…”

1 Like

Reading your two posts on this alongside one another, I can see how people might leap to the conclusion that Trump knew the media would not publish what was leaked (nothing would ever have to be proven/evidenced) and that the whole narrative is therefore fabricated, perhaps in order to give him a ‘this wouldn’t happen on my watch’ argument to make.

I saw this in 2020 as well, amidst all the optimism, but I always thought Florida was redder than most people had assumed, simply because of all the retirees migrating there. In contrast, I thought Texas was actually more winnable.

2 Likes

Atleast 45% of US population would still vote for him. That’s a sizable number of idiots who need to have their voting rights stripped.

3 Likes