US Election 2024

https://x.com/NormOrnstein/status/1825198288426918163

4 Likes

I am not making this up, but in 2003 the right pretended to believe that Kerry wanting swiss on his cheesesteak was a genuine indicator that he was too out of touch to be president.

4 Likes

Only Republican ones.

This election could not really get weirder…Trump posting deepfakes

1 Like

Using her likeness. I’d be surprised not to see a massive lawsuit from TS any day now.

8 Likes

Sue him, and use the opportunity to also call on all Swifties to vote, and make sure he doesn’t get elected.

6 Likes

AOC and Steve Kerr bossed it

2 Likes

They’ve all been inspirational. I just love Jasmine Crockett! Couldn’t keep my eyes dry listening to those poor women’s stories.

3 Likes

So true, my friend. Those stories broke me too. I was speechless listening to Hadley. Like I have nothing to offer. So brave and compassionate. Wish them all strength and healing. And wish the women of the world choice.

Warnock was insanely super too.

3 Likes

Aussie mad rooter, mate.

Knows his shit.

2 Likes

The old guy is just crushing it!

1 Like

Less than a week since the shitstain stated any nominee using AI images to bolster support should be banned for electoral interference.

I’m not entirely convinced Trump realised these were AI images.

1 Like

Journalism is dead.

1 Like

Is he suicidal? He’s poking the wasp nest of Swifties. That’s it, it’s over.

5 Likes

Saw a headline in FT that Kamala Harris is supporting a raise in rate of corporation tax to 28%.

I’m a bit surprised at that given how close the election race is.

Not really.

Wait for Trump to oppose it and then she can claim that he is on the side of big business.

I would have thought that attacking Trump because he is on the side of big business works better when you can link his personal interests to those businesses (i.e taking backhanders for policies etc).

The risk of doing it linked to another Tax rise is that it makes it harder to peel votes from him as Republicans are less favourable to taxes going up (or is that usually only on the personal level?)

No doubt LS will have a better analysis, but I’d imagine that this will have been polled and the campaign want to look like they are moving money from businesses, which have been continuing to make large profits as consumers are paying ever higher prices, back into the hands of the middle class. It looks like a gamble, as any tax rises tend to be unpopular, but we’ll see how it is communicated and perceived by the electorate.

1 Like

It would also chime in with their (not untrue) message that inflation has been in large part due to profiteering rather than actual price increases. Profit margins have been increasing widely.

3 Likes

Reduction in corporate taxes (doesnt matter what it is now - lower it) is one of the few consistent ideas the GOP has left that Trump agrees with. This proposed rate from Harris is an increase on where Trump lowered it to, but not as high as it was under Obama. Low corporate taxes being a characteristic of a good business environment is still part of the old fashioned partisan Republican voter’s view of the world, but voters tend to be able separate changes in corporate tax policy from that for individual taxes.

1 Like