US Election 2024

Fox (is not) News
Faux News
False News

Take your pick!

2 Likes

Have people really forgotten that it was Trump’s policy , and that he nearly had those cunts over for tea on the anniversary of 9/11 ?

3 Likes

Yeah. But that was Trump, and everything Trump does is always good (except Operation Warp Speed).

1 Like

Forgotten or ignored.

But also the press coverage of the exit was awful here. The press have about 5 stories and every new story must be molded into one those. From the moment the exit was confirmed the press were already in their “is this Biden’s Kartina?” mode and desperate for images and soundbites to position it as such. This story though gave them a twofer as there was a helicopter so it allowed them to say on repeat “looks like the fall of saigon”. They covered what looked like chaos of the first day as a defacto failure and never went back to reexamine it to see if they had portrayed it incorrectly (they had). That was the moment Biden’s approvals fell and from there he was characterized as a weak president in a way that coloured every subsequent story about the administration even as they were doing incredibly effective stuff.

1 Like

Important to note that Trump’s repeated statement has been that the plan was to hold on to Bagram, never leaving it. No military planner believes that was remotely viable, and the Trump White House was told that when they made the original deal. The Afghan government and military collapsed. Keeping Bagram would have required an enormous escalation of American military presence, probably to the point of holding a perimeter large enough to keep handheld AAW’s away from the airfield itself. They had at least SA-24s with a range of 5km and a flight ceiling of 3.5km. For normal operation, that would mean the US military would need to maintain a perimeter about 10km around the base - about 62km.

US doctrine holds that they need 600 men deployed to cover 1km, so 36,000 men to hold that line. That is about half the peak deployment, and doesn’t even factor in support footprint. Somewhere between 5 and 6 divisions…at the end of an airborne logistical chain.

6 Likes

Details , details …

1 Like

https://x.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1828451144508600491

7 Likes

I doubt this will help counter the Harris campaign claim that he’s only in it for himself.

Shameless.

5 Likes

If someone proposed that as an SNL skit it would get rejected for being too silly.

6 Likes

:joy::joy: i love the graphic with the scissors cutting the suit. I was wondering how they were going to do that one!

1 Like

I love how the graphic Trumps look less and less like him the longer the clip goes on. In the end it’s just random muscular dude with a blonde wig.
That being said - 99 $ sounds tempting.

5 Likes

Strange, how human nature can allow you to detest someone on sight, without ever meeting them in person.

The section where he states they will send out a small piece of cloth from his suit to every purchaser made me chuckle. The ‘knock-out’ suit, as he called it.
Probably someone got that particular ‘light-bulb’ moment, the second they laid eyes on the size of the butt section that was needed to cover both his massive arse cheeks at once… No doubt seeing the potential of that particular area of his ‘knock-out’ suit pants, and that it would generate enough material to send to thousands of simpletons that buy his wares. :0)

4 Likes

I have to ask.

Is this the honest total of his business acumen, dodgy trainers and collector cards?

1 Like

I think it must be a shrouded way of diverting the many ‘donation’ funds for the party, across to his personal account - there must be a real financial benefit to him standing there, advertising something like that, looking like a complete dick while doing it, unless of course, there was a large financial reason for doing so…

It’s almost certainly a form of money laundering

5 Likes

The only real business skill he has is maintaining an image of success no matter how big a public failure he has or how many of his businesses are revealed to be nothing by grift. It is a fascinating case study and ignoring the moral side of it is a genuinely impressive feat of self-promotion and the ability to force reality to bend to your will. There has just never been anything underneath that marketing though, other than a huge trust fund he inherrited.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A bit confusing, but this appears to be the same case as the case previously being heard in DC. It includes the same charges, but has supposedly tweaked some of the claims made to support the case in light of the recent presidential immunity decision. What they’ve essentially done is presented a weaker case to a different grand jury and had them vote to indict as well, so this will now be the “DC case” or “Jan 6th” case moving forward.

1 Like

How is this level of wrongness - clear, demonstrable, inarguable - not automatically disqualifying

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1828500363944829120

5 Likes
3 Likes