US Reds - TV Schedule

Thanks for that Limiescouse. Yeah, I was trying to find a schedule of games and after Arsenal it doesn’t list us. Just another way to fleece the fan as usual.
I’ll do more digging about the Samsung TV part.

What is the OS? Vewd?

I’m only on my second cup of tea. I haven’t got that far yet, still a bit bleary eyed :slight_smile:

@Limiescouse peacock just announced they are on roku now

2 Likes

Shut Up!

runs off to check

haha the peacock app on my phone just notified me that that is the case, figured you’d like to know

1 Like

Done! Got to find something else to moan about now.

Anyone finding Peacock (which is a stupid bloody name) keeps losing the damn audio? Middle of a post match interview with Mane who never does them and we lose audio.

My audio is fine, but my stream is so far behind the forum for whatever reason. Even @Livvy is ahead of me and that never happens.

1 Like

bit the bullet on the peacock, my plastic friend (turned red when i got his son an LFC bathrobe for his second christmas) was able to use my login while i was watching on my roku, fwiw

but yeah the stream was slightly behind, pretty lame

For whatever reason, once I was able to get the app on my tv it was a much better experience there than it was on my phone or watching through a browser on my computer.

Agree. I had an xfinity box and it kept on choking up, losing audio. On reading the forums I realized it was user error. Flex box isn’t needed as its purely app fed content. So now I have 2 apps, one is peakcock, one xfinity that gets me nbc channels. Still annoying Peacock, the previous match ends, it goes off and if you aren’t paying attention you forget to move onto the next match. Missed the first few mins a couple of times. But at least I’m able to watch all the soccer. I’ve watched every game pretty much.

now that they’ve roped people in i expect more of our matches, as well as the other big clubs (& city), to be back on NBC or NBCSN

US TV rights to the CL went from fox to turner a couple years ago, and against all odds, their coverage was even worse

now the rights belong to CBS, and they have a studio show on CBS sports network where they flip from match to match for the group stage

Did you watch it? I hated it. There is little that is more soulless than watching 4 minutes of a game in an empty stadium, commented on by people in the studio who have no idea WTF is going on in the game because they’ve just switched over as well, before then switching to a different game.

1 Like

i just watched PSG/united on a channel called galavision. spanish language broadcast, wasn’t in HD so half the scoreline and ten yards of pitch on each side of the screen were cropped out. univision deportes had the barca match, i think, and dynamo/juve before that. our match isn’t on either of those channels tomorrow though–city/porto on one and i think bayern on the other

i saw a little of the studio show before & after, with carragher, a woman with a london accent who i’m assuming was an england women’s international, and then some hipster doofus guy i’ve never seen before. did occur to me to wonder if they have that nfl red zone-type format of jumping around somewhere in the UK or europe for the CL, it seems like an american type of deal, like when MLS used to go right to the shootout

but yeah not only do you as a viewer not have a feel for the match–and i think this is a bigger issue for world football (or boxing) then it might be for MLB or NFL games–neither do the people in the studio tasked with providing analysis

1 Like

Our match isn’t even on tomorrow on Univision or Galavision.

last year i used my brother’s bleacher report password. now you need cbs all access. total sportek here i come

i remember when both espn and fox sports would have matches in the group stages, along with some combination of fox deportes, espn deportes, & univision. it’s consistently gotten worse in the few years since then

neutrals should be clamoring for ajax/liverpool, it’s an appealing matchup in every respect

1 Like

I just signed up for a one-week free CBS All-Access Trial through Amazon Prime. Try that if you can.

i got the free trial, the deluxe edition with no commercials

i muted the tv because i got sick of the sound effects, navigated to the match, unmuted the tv as the names of the starters flashed on the screen, and heard tyler’s obnoxious voice

1 Like