Villarreal vs Liverpool, CL Semi Final @Estadio de la Cerámica on 03rd May 2022, 20h00 GMT,

So it seems that unbeknownst to me, up till about five minutes ago anyway, that Villarreal have renamed their stadium in honor of Stoke. Oh well, if it floats their submarine then… :man_shrugging:

So off to the potteries in Spain we go with a handy two goal cushion. Emery will be hoping to have Moreno, Gerard that is, back in time for this one but we shall see. Bobby seems to have been out for the past couple games for us and Curtis missed out yesterday so I would not expect them in our squad for the fixture. Other than that we’re purring along and once again apart from the must starts of Allison, VVD, Thiago and Diaz, imo, everything else is gravy.

No complacency and decent finishing will see us through. Hope the lads keep their heads down for this, won’t be easy but we shouldn’t be letting it slip now.

Off you go gents.

15 Likes

Villarreal will try to play as the did against Bayern in their homematch, Klopp and his team will know that and hopefully have the solution.

Only important thing is to go true to the final could not care less how.

6 Likes

Early goal and we can relax and think about the final.

2 Likes

Its half time in a CL semi final.
Strong team and a professional performance.

5 Likes

There’s some joke to be made about bulls in a china shop, but I’ll leave it to someone else.

Our biggest enemy is complacency.

6 Likes

N ladies…I hope…

3 Likes

Alisson
Trent Matip Konate Kostas
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Jota Díaz

Klopp trying to give everyone his well deserved and well needed rest and this might be the one to rest Virgil. Not sure of course but I’m not seeing another opportunity.

3 Likes

No way on earth VVD doesn’t play if fit.

15 Likes

VVD instead of Matip. If it’s all going perfectly maybe VVD comes off early.
Mane subbed at 60 yesterday so I think he’ll start instead of Diaz or Jota

1 Like

Is Gerard Moreno available for this?

We have to be more clinical. We had loads of missed (golden) opportunities in the last couple of games.

1 Like

Yes, first goal is crucial in this match and we are likely to get chances.

1 Like

Always found their stadium one of the most beautiful “ugly” ones, if that makes sense. It’s a little bit weird, but in a good way, has originality.

Time for our first win there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it ceramic?

Will the Tuesday result give us fans extra cheer?

1 Like

You know we are the Tuesday game right? City play Wednesday. Only mention it because us winning always gives me extra cheer

4 Likes

Obviously thats what I meant :smirk: fucking spell check added “will the” and added a ? at the end of my sentence.

Not sure, but Emery doesn’t deserve to be fired.

1 Like

Better than writing How dare you instead of How are you. :blush:

1 Like

Haha @Nobluff

1 Like