Villarreal vs Liverpool, CL Semi Final @Estadio de la Cerámica on 03rd May 2022, 20h00 GMT,

We got Danny Makkelie again. We win most of the time when he is the ref. :+1:

1 Like

Thiago to score from outside the box confirmed.

2 Likes

Villarreal are charging €20 for season ticket holders (€10 for under 25 y/o’s).

(You’ll hear Real and Barcelona supporters whining because Villarreal are getting praised for this, because the CL knockout stages are included in the price of their season tickets, but they’re rather missing the point, to absolutely nobody’s surprise).

8 Likes

Villarreal team news by WhoScored:

• Gerard Moreno remains doubtful for Villarreal after missing their last three through injury. He would be a major miss for the Spanish side.
  • Trailing 2-0 from the first leg, Unai Emery needs his Villarreal side to show more attacking intent on Tuesday so some changes are expected.
  • Ex-Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno is sidelined once again, while there are doubts over Yeremi Pino and Francis Coquelin.
  • Paco Alcacer has barely featured for Villarreal this season but is an option in attack if Moreno fails to recover in time.
1 Like

0-1 after 15 minutes, just to calm my nerves. Then the usual 0-3 by the end will do me fine.

7 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

We need to go strong for this match with perhaps Kostas coming in for Robbo to give him a break. Villarreal will have to attack us so s strong defensive line is needed. For me :
Alisson
Trent Konate VvD Kostas
Naby Fab Thiago
Mo Mane Diaz
Subs : Kelleher, Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Hendo, Jota, Bobby, Ox, Origi
CL is completely in our hands so should be our priority. Once we get another 2 goal advantage (+4) then bring on the subs.

3 Likes

If.

Agree with your team though.

5 Likes

I’m hoping that we appreciate the two goal buffer and play this on our own terms. Villarreal have to attack us at some point even if that is only on the counter. We have the 5 subs so there is no reason to rest anyone if they are up to starting. So strongest starting XI and manage he game from there.

1 Like

And….something about smashing….?

1 Like

Problem with relaxing is that we tend to allow the opposition back into the game.

3 Likes

Oh yeah…

Smash them. They’re shit.

10 Likes

Generally we are purring along, and I expect 3-4 changes from Newcastle, and the mighty reds to advance to the final. We have to make sure we take it though. If they score first it could get twitchy.

And while the win against Newcastle was easier than the score line might suggest, we were wasteful up top and there were signs that a couple of individuals went for the finish instead of passing to a better placed teammate. That stuff is always a tension to manage, as of course the best strikers have a greedy streak, but with that said, I expect Klopp will have a word to lay down the team-first mantra again.

I expect a professional display, where we match their endeavor, and our superior quality to finish the job. As ever, we have to earn it, and I think we will. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

I may have been guilty of taking the one for granted, I have to remind myself that this is an opportunity to make a CL final, a third final in five years, tell my 2012 self that and they would wet themselves. It’s massive.

Shame Bobby isn’t fit, I think he would be ideal for this. I expect Klopp to play the same 11 as last week.

9 Likes

3-0 and it would have been job done. 2-0 makes me nervous. Hopefully we get the first goal to settle those nerves.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed in recent games with possession we’ve just taken a step back when ahead. We probably should approach it defensively like that we can draw this on the night no need to take more risks especially as we will have the ball for the most part.

I’m expecting something similar to Benfica rather than Inter Milan.

3 Likes

It still wouldn’t have been…

1 Like

Stop clutching pearls you absolute fucking FANNIES. We’re winning this, and we’re winning the final. Both finals. And the league.

12 Likes

What about the…

https://youtube.com/shorts/KS1MvgIOTGk?feature=share

???

2 Likes