Villarreal vs Liverpool, CL Semi Final @Estadio de la Cerámica on 03rd May 2022, 20h00 GMT,

The Villareal fans are loud, they lift their team, and they work hard. There will be a period during the game where they will get on top of us, and thats when we will need to hold firm (the players…we all know the in game thread will be full of knicker wetting and worry/anger). If we concede an early goal, things might get jittery.

Its going to be a strong line-up from Jurgen, thats for sure, and one packed full of big game experience. Calls for Virgil to be rested are a bit wild, he will start.

Im assuming it will be;

Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Thiago
Salah Mane Diaz

Maybe Kostas gets a start, but i’d be surprised. Only other one i think is really in question is Diaz or Jots. Naby played 90 against Newcastle on Sat, so assume he will be coming off the bench at some point.

A third final in five years would be some going, but we won’t be progressing without a fight.

Looking forward to this one!

3 Likes

This is the measured and insightful content one has come to expect from you

And I am in complete agreement. The way we have been playing I have no concerns about playing anyone, let alone the 7th best team in a 2-3 team league. Bayern have become complacent and Juve is nothing compared to what they used to be. Beating those two were relatively simple compared to trying to beat us

4 Likes

Villareal translates as Royal Villa. What is a Royal Villa? Maybe a palace?

So these lot are the Spanish version of Palace.

As @PeachesEnRegalia would say if he were Spanish “aplastarlos son una mierda”.

COYR YNWA :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

…what?

2 Likes

It’s your catchphrase in Spanish. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I thought it was ‘Tres cervezas por favor’

4 Likes

Think I’ll be taking in the Bournemouth v Forest first half as a prelude. Should be a cracker with Forest 3 points behind second place Bournemouth, and having a one goal differential advantage.

Really like to see a storied side like Notts Forest get promoted.

Then, I would really like to see our boys put Villarreal to the sword. Thinking Jota, Mane, and Mo up top, The Beast Konate and Tsimikas in the back line, and Keita off the bench from our midfield 4.

Two Cup finals, and a down to the wire league finish the last couple weeks plus…who could ask for more?
Was ruminating with my mate the other day, that if we win the CL and FA cups, and lose out on the PL by one point, will we not go down in history as the greatest side to NOT win the league?

2 Likes

Or, in Catalan:

Aixafar-los. Són una merda

2 Likes

or… from were the word cack comes from

frange sm. ut sis cacas - in latin :smiley:

2 Likes

Or… Villa could mean Villa like, say, Aston Villa?

2 Likes

I’m already nervous…

Reaction Nervous GIF

2 Likes

I will only be nervous if they score before us. But I’m confident that won’t happen.

2 Likes

Not even then. They need to score three with no reply to go through. It ain’t happening.

3 Likes

They have to come out and play, and thats when they will be exposed at the back.
I think Salah, Mane and Diaz start because of pace that will open them up.
Thiago Fabinho and Hendo in midfield.

I hate being over confident, but a good professional performance sees us in the final.
I think an early goal from Liverpool sorts the nerves.

1 Like

Pretty excited for this one. Currently across the pond in France drinking champagne with my wife.

2-1 is my prediction. Probably a bit closer than we want but we play well on the road and I think this suits us well. Get this one in the bag then head up to Anfield for the Spurs match.

YNWA!!!

Or they play it Atleti style. Keep it tight , hoping to nick one and go for it in the last fifteen minutes. Either way , it’s a fool’s errand.

That’s what Barcelona said. Literally.

We need to lay off the hubris.

3 Likes

Just keep a clean sheet and we’re through.

8 Likes

I will never take an away match in a CL semi-final lightly. Make no mistake, Klopp needs to nail the managerial side of this second leg and the players need to really be patient and not panic, even if we go down a goal early.

We were extremely wasteful against Sandcastle. We will need to be a bit cleaner in possession, cleaner with our final passes, cleaner with our shots.

6 Likes

I wholeheartedly approve of this post :wink: