Villarreal vs Liverpool, CL Semi Final @Estadio de la Cerámica on 03rd May 2022, 20h00 GMT,

Klopp will not take this game lightly. So Trent, Fab, Thiago and Mo will surely return to the starting lineup after being duly rested against Sandcastle, Konate likely as well. I could nevertheless see Robbo and Diaz being given a breather in this one after a handful of successive starts - this is a fourth game in as many as 9 days!

Lads, the CL final is at stake, so do not mess around too much! Remember: “from Paris down to Turkey, we’ve won the f*cking lot!” Time to go back there!

4 Likes

Konate or Matip?
Robertson or Tsimikas?
Henderson or Keita?
Diaz or Jota?

Had a pretty enjoyable Eid, now a wonderful European night would be nice.

7 Likes

Actually not too bothered with who we start at full back and forward. The emphasis is on them to attack we need to strangle that ball that attempts to get at the highline the more erratic the less likely it will luck out.

The first leg Bayern had lots of the ball but like the second created little or nothing. Villarreal could have had three but were offside a fair bit. We don’t need to push up like Bayern at this stage so 900 passses between the defenders, Alisson and Fabinho will do.

2 Likes

As long as they pass the ball before they are tackled! It does my head in when they wait until the last milli-second to pass to someone else.

1 Like

Yeah Thiago :wink:

And Alisson…gives me butterflies when he does his last minute turns…

Supposedly very bad weather over there today. Could be a sloppy game. We just need to keep our shape and be patient. Piece of piss.

1 Like

We play in Liverpool I assume we will be used to it.

1 Like

We’ll turn these yellow submarines into the black and blue submarines by the time we’re done with them.

Note for German viewers (or the dopey ones like me who have only just checked) it’s on Amazon rather than DAZN which presumably means that we get the stadium atmosphere only option.

2 Likes

9 Likes

The midfield of dreams.

Konate to score the first goal odds anyone?

1 Like

Let’s fucking go

4 Likes

Is that team out a bit early?

1 Like

Anyone see the atmosphere outside the stadium? A bit like Anfield only yellow :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Taking no chances with that team! Thought Tsimikas was due a start.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought kick off was in 1 hr and 18 mins

Exactly what I was wondering…

It sometimes is for CL games.