Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

What gives me confidence is that he is a top class defender.

His dominance is not through using pace. Its pretty rare he has to use it to recover. So just as I expect him to have a career into his mid 30s. I fully expect he will recover fine from this injury.

9 Likes

ā€œDespite going in to surgery four months ago for an ACL tear, Virgil van Dyke made an amazing recovery, starting for the Liverpool in their first match in February!ā€

Itā€™s going to happen! I just know it!

5 Likes

ā€¦ ā€œas he plays his first game alongside standout January signing Upamecanoā€

If youā€™re going to dream, dream big.

6 Likes

It is a ā€œclassicā€, Schumacher the most famous of course, but we had a keeper in Norway too that almost killed an attacker when he jumped in with the knee first. Did not get penalised. The keeper has too much protection imo.

4 Likes

I have to give you a written like Livvy Iā€™m banned again

7 Likes

To the three above

Iā€™ve flagged to the mods

Not really something I normally do to go ā€˜behindā€™ peopleā€™s backsā€¦but I think that type of thing can get the forum in a bit of shit

Understand your frustrationā€¦donā€™t agree with it, but thatā€™s not the reason for the report.

Sorry guys.

8 Likes

Top post, especially the bold part. :clap:

Also VVDā€™s message is such a positive one without any sort of self pity or calling anyone out. And considering his overall attitude, seems very likely heā€™ll return stronger than ever.

We have seen Cityā€™s attitude towards losing Laporte and their general perception of them being the victims rub in from their fans and manager to their players. Their constant excuses of losing Laporte being a reason not able to compete. We have usually called that out and know thatā€™s never the case. The manager and players should and need to dig in and find solutions. And Jurgen surely will.

Also Gomez and Matip, if they stay injury free, are easily better than any other CB pairing in this league. Add Fab for either of those two and still the above statement would remain true. Thiago and Hendo are best defensive shield we can ask for. I am pretty positive and I doubt our players and managers would be any less. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

2 players who recently ruptured their ACL were Depay (198 days out) and Niklas SĆ¼le (182 days out) but Iā€™m not sure if they had a grade 3. Any information on that?

If the terminology used at the time was ā€˜rupturedā€™, then they very likely had grade 3s as well.

Grade 2 ACL injuries are rare. It almost always gets either a good stretching but remains intact, or it completely breaks. My surgeon told me that when I did mine.

2 Likes

ā€¦childish Sniggerā€¦

3 Likes

:grin:

Noice.

1 Like

Posts hidden.

Letā€™s show a bit of class lads, we are not evertonians :wink:

4 Likes

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down. Ever since Virgil has signed for us, there was always the lingering question of what happens if he gets a serious injury and is out for a lengthy spell?

Well here we are and believe me, the other players are going to step up now big time!
So stop all the doomsday whining, buckle up and get behind the team. #YNWA

13 Likes

People has always suggested that we would not have won what we won without this player, without that player, that we are a one man team blah blah blahā€¦Klopp and the team has nothing to prove, but they will. Challenge accepted.

3 Likes

Ok, just throwing this one out there, but what about going 3 at the back? Fab drops back in between Joe and Joel, leaving Trent and Robbo as wing backs (which, letā€™s face it, they are already). It would only be a minor tweak really. Bobby would drop a bit deeper when weā€™re not in possession to augment Hendo and Thiago and weā€™d still have the front three, the wing backs and midfielders in attack.

1 Like

Joel and joe are more than good enough.

2 Likes

Unlikely because from now on one of Fab, Joe and Joel has to be on bench as a backup

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with your stance on not promoting violence, you have to treat everybody equally (weā€™re not the Premier League or PGMOL, you know) and there are several others who have advocated retaliation against Pickford, in some cases in a far more serious tone.

Have you reported all of them, too?

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen them/ stop to take note to be honest

Iā€™m not going around acting all vigilante. Iā€™m not a mid.

Just saw something that stood out as wrong. There might be more. Dunno.

4 Likes

We are stocked in midfield and thin in the CB position. Changing to back three would mean weā€™ll play all the three available CB first team options and an injury to one would end up yet again us changing the shape. Further, it would mean dropping one of our midfielders among Keita/ Gini and then further options Jones/ Minamino/ Shaq/ Milner.

2 Likes