Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Every neutral handle on Twitter is a click bait to draw idiotic comments from “fans”

2 Likes

Winning the league wasn’t interesting?

1 Like

Look at Danny Ings, perfect example of how long it can actually take to get back properly.

3 Likes

The run until the corona break was formidably exciting. After the game resumed, the lack of atmosphere around the grounds, and especially at Anfield, spoilt it completely for me. Yes, it was nice to break the 30-years league title hoodoo, and confirmed what a great team we have at the moment, but what is the sense of all that when there is no-one around to enjoy the games, the wins and the trophy celebrations?

Add to this obvious moments of result-biasing by VAR during the derby, and you wonder where the game is heading to.

But the most important thing for me are the fans. When they aren’t around, everything is shallow and meaningless.

2 Likes

Loads saying we didn’t have any injuries last season.

I don’t understand this. Alisson, Fabinho, Matip, Gomez, Henderson. Not having Alisson and Henderson was literally why we went out of the Champions League.

10 Likes

Considering the piece is by Ornstein who has fuck all connections in Liverpool would say you are right.

He became a journalist on the coat tails of being Levy’s mouth piece in the media.

2 Likes

I’d argue we did celebrate in the only way we really could, here (well there but you know what I mean)

It is called selective memory plus he didn’t even bother to fact check his statement next time he writes anything about Liverpool just ignore

2 Likes

Many of our fans on here had the same arguments. For many it seems your injury burden is determined not by the absolute burden, but by how poorly you fared in dealing with it. To these people, one injury you failed to cope with is a bigger injury burden than 5 you got through. It’s a perspective based entirely on the outcome when in this instance it is the inputs (number of injuries, length of time, importance of the player) that actually matter.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Couldn’t we just send him the bill when we sign Koulibaly?

I thought that was down to Adrian just being fucking shite - at least that is what was given as the reason for our exit on here and on TIA. :wink:

1 Like

TBH I don’t think he will play again for us this season but i wonder if he could still make the squad for the EUROs if he is close. Would be a good pre pre season.

1 Like

Vestergaard after the Everton win:

“It was a massive, massive win against the current league leaders. However, I just wanted to say we dedicated this clean sheet to a Southampton legend - Virgil Van Dijk. He lives in our hearts and it was amazing to get this 3 points for him.”

Class That …Respect!

29 Likes

I know what shirt I’m getting you for your birthday.

3 Likes

So many players are sending him best wishes, some out of love, some out of genuine respect. With Depay, I think it’s both.

19 Likes

This is absolutely incredible. If I couldn’t love Memphis any more than I already do…he goes and does this. Simply outstanding. Memphis takes his relationships with his Dutch brothers very seriously.

And that is wild Vestergaard said that about Virgil.

9 Likes

Almost made me a bit emotional.

3 Likes

Absolutely Scott! I think the fact it was Everton too was a huge part of it - in a way I imagine that they may get punished for their shithousery.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are there insurance payouts to cover treatment and salary for injuries like what we have workmen compensation for getting hurt during work