Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

11 Likes

Fantastic news.

How long does it take to progress from there. I assume that thereā€™s still a lot of healing and strength building to be done.

2 Likes

So soon???

Great news from the big man :muscle::+1:

3 Likes

Virgil posting after quite some time. No leg/knee brace. This man is coming back stronger than before. :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

10 Likes

Fuck I was way too late in ordering a PS5, have to wait until April now. :confounded:

1 Like

Colossal centre back I tell ya! Imagine if heā€™s back this season itself! :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Well, Itā€™s fairly obvious what Virgil will be doing to fill his days, over the next 6 months or so.

3 Likes

:heart:

Big Man working hard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIYZ9djrNEH/?igshid=g9w2ve2lepct

EDIT: evidently Iā€™ve forgotten how to link

19 Likes

A few more photoā€™s here:

The big man looks if he can starts on Sunday against Wolves. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

He might be back before Gomez by looks of it.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s Joeā€™s fourth long term injury.

I expect him to miss pre season too.

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope youā€™re wrong mate.

8 Likes

Not saying Virgil will make a miracleā€¦ though a lot of people will look at these pics of him in training gear and think heā€™s on the verge of one.

But I always recall Cisseā€™s first injury, when McEveley broke him at Ewood Park in autumn 2004. The word then was his season is finished and heā€™d be out until next summer.

Back then I had difficulties getting info. I just remember seeing him on the bench against Juve away and thought ā€œwow, incredibleā€. I didnā€™t believe heā€™d get on, but when he did, I was even more amazed.

Different player, different injury, different era, maybe different initial prognosisā€¦ I know.

But I also donā€™t believe in jinxing, I think thereā€™s a reason why the club decided not to put a timescale on his return. Why would they anyway. Virgilā€™s aim will surely be to return by June (Euro starts on 11th June) or even May if he can.

Weā€™ll see.

7 Likes

I do feel he will play for us again this season but Iā€™m looking after Easter.

6 Likes

Ease him in with a half against Fulham and have him ready for Spurs. :grinning:

Get well, the real colossal CB.

8 Likes

FYI, the following relates to Djibril Cisseā€¦If I remember correctly he credited the medical team from saving his leg (I want to say amputation but I think Iā€™m overreacting)

EDIT: Just checked on my info and I was partially correct, he was saved from a foot amputation due to blood circulation being interrupted by break.

3 Likes

Huh, so intentional like I wonā€™t see this :smirk:

4 Likes

Fixed it for you.

4 Likes

God can you imagine the heartbreak if the doctors had had to amputate Virgilā€™s leg? Heā€™d only be as good as Harry Maguire.

11 Likes