Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

When is Milly back? I forgot about him. This is good news.
We need to have almost fit squad for Champions league matches in 2 months.

2 Likes

That name reminds me of just this

3 Likes

The key thing to VVD getting back to his highest level will be his weight.

Any Aussie Rules fans on here will know about Matthew Kreuzer, who was a ruckman, so the biggest player out there. Like VVD, MK was a worker, and after his ACL MK spent months in the gym, put on an absolute shitload of muscle, which impacted him for the rest of his (unfortunately injury riddled) career.

VVD is a man mountain, tooā€¦will be absolutely crucial that they find the right balance of lean muscle/strength etc etcā€¦

12 Likes

I just hope Virg is not a fan of poffertjesā€¦

Those things fucking rock!!!

4 Likes

Gomez did this too and looked awful when he returned.

Zlatan has a similar build to VVD, he did his ACL at 35 and returned 6 or 7 months later. Heā€™s still playing at a high level now and heā€™s nearly 40.

I think Virgil will be alright. Even if it takes him a while to return to his previous level heā€™ll still be a cut above most other defenders in the game.

7 Likes

I should addā€¦Virg looks the business in those videosā€¦

5 Likes

Lets hope come March-April heā€™s back out on the training pitches.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, we wont see him until next season - so anything earlier is nice. Very much doubt the club would risk rushing him back, even if things have gone tits up later in the season.

5 Likes

The only thing going tits up later this season will be the lads down rippers for a boobie sandwich when they celebrate us wrapping up the league with 10 games to spareā€¦

2 Likes

Weā€™ll know when Milly does an interview the following day with glitter on his forehead.

1 Like
4 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

You old sailor dog, you!!!

3 Likes

Whereā€™s the X-rated version with horizontal jogging with Pickfordā€™s missus?
No no no Virg has too much class for that I know.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I didnā€™t want to jinx Van Dijk by mentioning this butā€¦ There you go. :slight_smile: They are similarly built, though Ibrahimović is a real freak of nature. Iā€™d let this season be a write-off for Van Dijk (including Euros) if that meant he was going to be playing for Liverpool and Netherlands at a high level until, say, the end of 2025/26. Heā€™d be 35 then if Iā€™m not mistaken, I really couldnā€™t expect him to play so well after that (unless he joins Juventus on a free, of course).

2 Likes

Happy to see you doing good Virgil :muscle::pray:

2 Likes

I know Virg is a beast, but Zlatan is a different level. heā€™s a machine.

1 Like

This brings literal tears to my eyes and Iā€™m not too proud to say that. Simply amazing seeing The Big Man in such a positive way. :heart:

8 Likes

Heā€™s not though is he?

4 Likes

Thing is VVD had very few injuries, LFC wonā€™t rush him back, Klopp is one manager who seems to not rush his players back.

Itā€™s evident elsewhere in the league.

Virgil van Dijk ā€˜on scheduleā€™ ā€“ timeline for defenderā€™s rehab : https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/12/virgil-van-dijk-on-schedule-timeline-for-defenders-rehab/

5 Likes