Virgil VAN DIJK: 2020/21

Good to see Big Virg workijng with the ball again. Of course, that means zilch regarding in terms of when he’ll come back for a competitive game.

I’d still expect him to not be back before the new season resumes. No need to rush him back, he’ll hopefully be like a new signing next summer (same applies for Gomez).

Edit: I’d also add that I really cross fingers that the Dutch national team will be intelligent enough not to include him for the Euros. Same applies for the English national team and Gomez. I’m not holding my breath though, because it seems to be in a national team’s genes to act stupid!

1 Like

I’d imagine his balls are massive and heavy so he can’t be too long before we see him play.

1 Like

Typical Liverpool news, if you think it’s good news they will piss all over your parade, but some outlandish transfer, well that will be shoved down your throat.

1 Like
13 Likes

After the last two updates I am confident that he will return before the end of March.

2 Likes

Newcastle 2H double sub with Thiago. That would be such a boost for me.

3 Likes

Looks a bit leaner (Ox did as well before coming back), though that should maybe not be surprising. Just saying.

2 Likes

At this rate he’ll be back before Thiago. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

No, he will not for that kind of an operation there is a certain amount of time you need before you can play top-football again and it is longer than 20 weeks (8 +12)

1 Like

Didn’t know this about the 20 weeks but end of march would be 24 weeks after the Everton game - so it’s not unlikely.

But looking at those videos it seems he is far far ahead of schedule.

1 Like

It is 8 weeks since the operation, 12 weeks until the end of March. These injuries cost you 6 to 9 month’s to get fully fit again. If his is fit for next years pre-season I’m happy.

8 Likes

With Clarence Seedorf.

11 Likes

ZOMFG!!!

VVD and I have the same Watt Bike…we are literally brothers.

8 Likes

Can you play as a defender?

1 Like

I was a full back when I played Aussie Rules (CB equivalent!!!)…

So, yes…and like Virg, I too did my ACL…full rupture. Blew that shit to pieces.

One snag, I never had surgery…I am missing one ACL.

Ipso facto, I can only run in straight lines…will that be a problem?

8 Likes

Seedorf might just be about my favourite non Liverpool player of the last 20+ years. If it weren’t for injuries Jamie Redknapp could have been Liverpool’s version.

2 Likes

Straight lines you say?
Good to know if I have to chase you in my car :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to have hampered Slabhead’s career.

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I don’t know where they are but it’s for sure not Kirkby. :grinning:

2 Likes

So much respect for him, one of the nicest, fittest and tactically most astute players I’ve seen. And some trophy record, too! I think there actually is a similar player on Liverpool’s books but his contract is expiring…

3 Likes