Virgil VAN DIJK: 2023/24

The sooner you accept this is his last season the better. I have seen a lot managers come and go and we survived, we will survive the departure of Klopp too.

5 Likes

There’s one: Real Madrid. That is it.

1 Like

This would be unprofessional and disrespectful in the extreme.

5 Likes

What else is Virgil meant to say. Hes being honest. Along with a new sporting director, and new manager, anyone will evanluate their situation. Not like he said ‘we will see in the summer’.

Media love sensaltional headlines

Storm in a tea cup.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1752362404661350633

1 Like

We’re going to have to get used to this for the rest of the season. The media are going to be looking for anything to spin a story. Jurgen said today to ignore them, and that’s what we should do.

But, it would be daft to think for some players, especially the older foreign ones, this doesn’t represent a point where they might want to have a think about whether there is something else they want to do.

I think (I put these in order of liklihood) Salah, Alisson and Van Dijk might all be in that place.

The one thing I think that is going for us is that the ownership can make it very clear that they see the next manager very much as a continuation of Jurgen’s work. There is no squad rebuild necessary. In fact going into this summer you can make the argument that there isn’t a signing we have to do. As long as everyone stays fit, this is a young, hungry squad who will already have had the experience of chasing or winning a title and just need a new manager who is willing to get to coach on coaching them. No player needs to be thinking I don’t want to hang around through another transition.

This has been said already, but seemingly is getting lost in people wanting to dramatize the comments, but anyone who is either out of contract (Matip) or entering into the last year of their contract this summer (Virgil) is now in a position where they have no one to negotiate with over extending their stay. It is a literal fact that they dont know what the future holds for them and acknowledging that in very blunt terms does not mean they themselves are considering following Klopp out of the club.

It is inconceivable the new team would not want to extend Virgil, but there is nothing more he can say at this point until there is someone in place to sit on the other side of the table from him.

3 Likes

YeS bUt He StIlL hAsNt SiGnEd An ExTeNtIoN

I think as long as the new management is happy with Taff I don’t think Alisson is going anywhere.

I think VVD was being honest, as Klopp says good copy for them.

https://x.com/ptgorst/status/1752446892724584556?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

1 Like

Full interview

4 Likes

Pretty much as I said when it was posted.

3 Likes

The analysis of every thing that’s said for the next few months will be intennse.
The usual hacks reading stuff incorrectly and theorising rather than reporting.

2 Likes

Expecting Trent and Virgil to sign new contracts in September at the latest.

Would be a huge statement if they do before Klopp leaves but give them time to get to know the new manager in preseason and then they’ll sign.

Trent is going nowhere btw.

1 Like

The Mancester and London based press will do anything to unsettle us. Will not work, they will have to beat us on the pitch. With all the players who are coming back I’m sure we can fight them of, they only thing are the corrupt match officials …

2 Likes

If we get a DoF in I think that might be their first thing.

https://twitter.com/stehalliwell_/status/1757491472583037433

4 Likes

Our fucking captain, our hero, our inspiration. Our forever.

They tried to rob him once!! Fool him twice, shame.on.YOU!

4 Likes

Virg in the dressing after

“They said I was finished”
“Not the right mentality you know”

Bloody brilliant performance

3 Likes