Wataru ENDO: 2023/24

How are you so certain of his quality?

1 Like

I’m not certain, but probabilities are there.

His stats, his career so far, the few minutes we’ve seen. Can make reasonable assumptions.

Are we really going to have them on the pitch for every minute of every game?

I can see games where we need Endo to start and disrupt the opposition. I can see others where he can come on and see the match out without playing everyone else into the ground.

Being part of a squad doesn’t mean being second choice or merely a break glass backup. Would we have given him the no. 3 shirt if we hadn’t intended him to feature?

1 Like

Sheesh, anything other than total, unbridled positivity is met with incredulity on here.

He’s a 30 year old whose best season so far has been finishing 15/18 in the Bundesliga.

I’m not saying he won’t ever play for us, or be useful, but if we want to be challenging City for the league it will probably take a better standard of footballer to do so.

Massively controversial, I know.

1 Like

Horses for courses. We use Endo for quick teams to break up the play.

Its a 3 year deal by the way.

In my view, he is a refresh on Milner. Someone who woll prob make 35+ appearances, of which only 10-15 will be starts. He will largely be seeing games out.

2 Likes

i hope we see Japans International captain Endo on the pitch before Baj and Elliot and in in certain games Jones.

On Gravenbach, never see him play so cant comment

2 Likes

Alternatively, we’re liverpool and we impose our style on our opponents

That’s the thing I don’t get - you have mentioned his stats but statistically he has apparently been one of the best DMs in Germany ever since he got there. If you are looking down on his age or the route he got there… then not much I can say against your bias.

Endo vs Bundesliga midfielders since 2020/21
Most possession won in defensive ⅓ (254)
Most aerial duels won (219)
Most clearances (175)
Most headed clearances (105)
Second-most touches (6511)
Second-most passes completed (3940)
Second-most possession won middle final ⅓ (404)
Second-most tackles (208)
More on Tribuna.com:
Most possession won in defensive third, most aerial duels won & more – stats show why Reds are signing Endo - Football | Tribuna.com

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/08/why-are-liverpool-signing-wataru-endo/#:~:text=Endo%20is%20a%20battler.,(207%20–%20winning%2058.5%25).

5 Likes

My two/few pences

1. We may have over 60 games this season
  2. Thiago wouldn’t be playing much more than he did last season
  3. Bajcetic will play more than last season, but that still wouldn’t be too many mins
  4. There will be injuries, loss of form, tactical necessities, rotations

Think there will be enough mins for those who are up for it.

Totals.

Per 90, he’s middle of the road.

Not bias, just an honest opinion.

Just seen the extended highlights of Japan’s thrashing, Rudiger and Sule should be made to retire, they absolutely peppered Ter Stegen’s goals, Mitoma had about 5 shots on goal, even though they were all relatively comfortable for him to deal with, the space the Germans afforded them was unbelievable. Never heard a crowd boo so loudly to a friendly before, the uncertainty German football finds itself it right now is that of huge concern, especially when you see how their u21’s performances at the Euro’s.

1 Like

Have you seen 10 full matches?

You know the rules.

1 Like

Klopp has already noted he is having to catch up on the way we play and has commented how well he is doing so.

I think he plays as you say those games were we need more cover. Villa he would have been frankly a waste of time.

1 Like

Or even @Iftikhar …
My Two Pence Worth… :+1:

Soon have you talking Like the locals eh :0)

1 Like

looks like the 4-1 thrashing was the final straw for the German FA.

Flick has been Flicked…

Great, I wonder who the media are gonna circle around and toot as being the successor :roll_eyes:

Don’t even need to look on Skybet to know they’ve probably slashed the odds on him becoming their next manager.

1 Like

People are just throwing money away and don’t really understand Klopp.

https://twitter.com/1947production/status/1700620154009211177

5 Likes

Endo on the bench against Turkey :+1: