Wataru ENDO: 2023/24

Oh I know there’s a valid excuse and explanation for that performance. As there is for Endo needing time to adjust with no pre-season.

2 Likes

Think Endo had a similar travel journey to Mac… Maybe that was instrumental in resting him

1 Like

Think he was based in Europe for internationals thankfully!

2 Likes

I was thinking he was just in Germany and Belgium. I don’t think they went to Japan for this.

1 Like

Ahhh, yes you are correct… The game was played in Belgium

1 Like

The journey for Mac Allister was only half the problem, the other consideration is the altitude he played at.

Considering Klopp’s thoughts on these 12:30s and the lack of preparation/recovery it is both surprising and telling that he chose to start Mac Allister.

3 Likes

These were my thoughts, as well. I don’t necessarily agree with Klopp’s decision to start Ale ahead of Endo, but it’s surely indicative. I doubt we’ll see much of him, at least not in the league.

Only thing I can think of is he thought play him intensely and then rest for the week until next Sunday.

Didn’t nesscary agree, I doubt we see him til the PL game.

Well, that was… Slow? I know that there are a lot of mitigating circumstances for him at the moment but I really didn’t think that LASK would be the team to make him look like he’s a yard or two off the pace. He’ll have to step up for upcoming Europa League/League Cup matches, I hope that Klopp won’t have to rely on him in the league in the meantime.

3 Likes

Yes he was the worst player, he didn’t look like he belonged on the pitch. Obviously too soon to say anything definitive but early signs aren’t encouraging.

2 Likes

Yes. That was a rather poor performance. He will need to do better to earn a spot.

https://twitter.com/1947production/status/1707144870022746228

5 Likes

Man of the match performance in his first full outing. Good range of passing and grabbed an assist.

Hopefully this helps him settle in and he proves to be a useful addition to the squad.

12 Likes

I was impressed with his energy levels more than anything, really battled hard all night and I love that he loves an aerial challenge, helps that he’s pretty good at winning a lot of them. Keep it going Endo lad.

2 Likes

His passing range especially on the floor through the lines was what did it for me, the one for Szobs goal was through the eye of a needle, also kept it quick and simple with a lot of 1 7 2 touch passing

1 Like

1 7 2 touch passing?

He obviously means 1 & 2 touch.

Didn’t hit the shift key properly to make the &

Not obvious to me unfortunately.

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

I wonder why

Cheers he is just being his usual arsey self as we dont see eye to eye