Welcome to Liverpool Diogo Jota

Haven’t seen much of him. Looks a good player though…Doesn’t seem to have the pace that we like on the wings. And the price seems a little steep.
But trusting in Klopp and Co.

So Welcome Diogo!!!

1 Like

Isn’t he faster that Mane? Or something like that, also I’m sure he can cope with playing in the league.

Thing is both Salah and Mane came in similar deals and they took their game to another level so who knows, I reckon he is good enough to do so.

Personally I look at our bench now and think we have options.

I thought they would wait til Monday to be honest.

2 Likes
4 Likes

The official first interview.

4 Likes

Stop, Jota time!

You can’t touch this…

1 Like

Interesting that Klopp said he can play either side if we play with four midfielders. Wonder if it’s a system he might utilise again at some stage this season, particularly away from home. Worked really well for us a few seasons ago.

I means if you don’t get bored of replays, watch him turn shaw and lindelof inside out.

3 Likes

Yeah seen that stat, which is quite exciting. But Jota looks more Sarah than Mane looking in their pre-LFC days, in that Mane was Southampton was very up and down but when he was up he was super explosive. Salah was more workmanlike. Steady and solid, but didn’t have that same explosive power.

Both turned out to be worldies for us. Let’s hope much the same from Diogo.

On a side note, am I the only one that thought Jota was the same one as the one at Villa and was not aware there were two of them!

1 Like

25hrs and 23mins, from first rumour to official signing. Only Fabinho quicker?

another genius signing

1 Like

This was simply a surprise to me. I had not expected us to spend this much during this window.
One of Wolves better players, although Traore is maybe their big star. He will give us real depth.

It is always nice with positive surprises :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a HUGE transfer fee, but looking at the stats, looking at him as a player and as a lad, he seems perfect for us. Make no mistake though, this is not a back-up. It’s a PL proven player, brought in to play straight away, hence I think that we might see much more 4231 than before.

Given the massive outlay, he’ll not replace the top three here and then, he’ll play with them at the same time more often than not. That’s a huge structural change in the team.

Welcome Diogo, all the best for your next years with us! YNWA

5 Likes
5 Likes

Welcome to LFC Diogo Jota. Wishing you all the success and happiness at Anfield, enjoy the city and people. Have a great time.

ETA: i never saw this signing coming. Jurgen always manages to pull the rabbit out of the hat, when least expected.

7 Likes

We should have waited another week to allow him to play against shitty on Monday and score the winner and get the two Manchester clubs starting with a loss haha

4 Likes
3 Likes

Wow what a fantastic 24 hrs. Really excited by this. He fits perfectly into our system and under Kloop will improve him too. Only 23, a good player not in his prime with more to come. Gotta tip your hat to Edwards with his negotiating skills, bloody amazing that!

Delighted with this signing. Coming almost out of the blue now we have real depth and quality across the attaching half of the pitch. Dare we hope for another centre back? I think we will see more players leave first.
The club have done their business smoothly and shrewdly this window.

5 Likes

Our 2nd string forwards - Origi, Minamino, Jota, Shaq and Harvey Elliot. Assuming Brewster and Wilson are loaned out. Wow!