Welcome to Liverpool - Luis Diaz

14 Likes

Welcome to Liverpool, Luis! Best of Luck for your career!

1 Like

3 Likes

Luis Fernando DĂ­az Marulanda

1 Like

Bienvenido al Liverpool FC Luis DĂ­az :clap:

4 Likes

Always my first choice for a forward signing… :wink:

Great news! Proactive and perfect to inject some fire as we go for the quadruple.

5 Likes

Welcome to the best club in the world with the best manager and fans

6 Likes

Obviously no point putting any, expectations on the lad, but I can’t wait to see him score some goals like he’s capable of. Could be a special player.

2 Likes

We will have to find song for him as well.

3 Likes

Old Suarez song based on Louie Louie.

Yes but surely showing said inducement would not be easy? Would need to show that we knew of the specifics of Spurs offer and that this offer had a non-disclosure agreement? The contract that we would be purported to induce a breach was simply the non disclosure part and presumably Porto and Liverpool aren’t putting this in writing so Spurs would struggle to show this surely?

Awesome work from the club. James Pearce revealed that Ward had a big part to play in getting this done, which is pleasing to see with the departure of Edwards looming.

On Diaz, like any signing, it’s exciting, but this takes it to the next level in my opinion. The club reacted to the fact others were trying to get Diaz, and they just shunted all that shit to the side and got it done.

Adding Diaz to our main front 4 is mouth watering for the rest of the season. Hes also one for the future and the fact he’s in early and won’t be under pressure to produce from the off is pleasing. Should be a solid addition.

Have we had a Colombian play for the club before?

4 Likes

We’ve got a Colombian on the books, but he’s never played for us at senior level - Arroyo.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Welcome to our new Portuguese Colombian superstar!!!

3 Likes

So when do we think we’ll first see him play?

FA Cup game?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be impossible, but equally there might be a bedding in period.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench and make a cameo if the situation allows it. But equally wouldn’t be surprised to not see him in action for a while.

1 Like

I get the impression that we weren’t going to sign him until the summer so I’d expect him to have something of a preseason with us now. One to look forward to anyway.

4 Likes

Thoughts from Jurgen:

6 Likes