What's happening?

:guatemala: :heart_eyes: Probably our sole representative in Latin America.

1 Like

You could be the LFC scout for Central America.

2 Likes

Ok, there were mosquitos. Now what?
Btw I know that so am taking you as a know it all …!

El Jicaro, in the El Progreso area. Hopefully in the next year or two I will be able to get down there for a visit.

2 Likes

Eco friendly wind power boat. The future of travel.

1 Like

how was it?

i dont pretend to know much about the man, but his book on agincourt was an awesome read.

edit; just read your above response

1 Like

I know the area. It’s poor there. You’ll have a great time. People in Guatemala are very hospitable. Beautiful country. Make sure you get to Tikal and Semuc Champey.

1 Like

Are you ok? You sound a bit unhinged?

He’s always like that. You’ll get used to it.

You can bet your arse!
Not sure this one will get used to it though thinks he knows more than Mr know it all! :rage: :innocent: :rofl:

N: Bet he didn’t know that here we have outbreaks of Dengue AND mosquitos! :grin:

Don’t know where you live so not that much of a know it all.

Logic is futile when engaging with Flobs. Imagine you are conversing with a mixture of Salvador Dali, Jaques Tati and Ken Dodd.

You’ll get the hang of it eventually.

3 Likes

Yeah sounds too much like hard work. I’ll let him ramble on by himself next time.

It’s getting to be a problem in India as well. Not as bad perhaps

Awesome.

It’s a problem in Guatemala as well. 12,000 people infected. It’s all going on here. Got to the supermarket today. Stocked up on wine, cheese, olive oil etc.

Dengue is prevalent in Singapore too. This year seems better with only 7000 cases so far. But the last 3 years prior, it has always been more than 30000 cases each year.

1 Like

It’s a disease which majorly is prevalent in the tropical countries. I wonder if the hotter than usual climates the last two years have played a part in the mosquitoes surviving longer and infecting more people.

if the hotter than usual climates the last two years have played a part.

Definately. It’s been way hotter where I live than usual.

I think climate is one thing but I also believe in Singapore at least is the failure to curb mosquitoes breeding areas like puddles of water that is left alone for enough time like in Singapore, we have households who might have watered their plants and water does not get drained away enough from their pots and just a small puddle is enough for mosquitoes to breed. And in all Singapore style, these households are fined when they are discovered. Something abit different this year also is that over here, they are seeing a previously less prevalent serotype of Dengue taking over as the dominant strain.

1 Like