What's happening?

Had a end-of-the-year family get-together last evening :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Trying to challenge me?

I wouldn’t dare to. That’s the handiwork of my daughter and niece.

I bought a new tail light (or whatever the little light that lights up the registration plate) for my daughters Clio. She had broken it after passing her licence some years ago I didn’t replace it as I wanted to wait till she took care not to reverse into concrete posts and that day has arrived (as it’s just me who uses it now).
Putting the new one in place I broke the retaining system but at least it isn’t held together by tape.
Then I tested it, it didn’t light up. So checked things out and discovered the socket/plug was too long. Found a nail file and filed the thing down so it would clip into the new light. What a stupid design, why not just hold it in place with visable screws and have standard electrical sockets?
Anyway there was a mistral blowing so I froze to death despite having to run after the box it came with every minute.
My car is a toyota and has conventional screws and bolts when my daughter was given her Clio I had to get a whole new tool set to take it apart. I have never come across a more frustrating thing to repair though my son’s Ford C-Max diesel thing looks a real nightmare (tried to persaude him to get a petrol but noone listens to me) black exhaust fumes and limp mode is a real challenge to decypher.

1 Like

We had a C-Max for a while. Great car but it was practically impossible to find a petrol one on the second hand market. The engine didn’t play up during the time we had it but I was hugely mistrusting of it.

I helped my son buy this one. Nice car and built like a tank.
Actually deliberately went for the Ford 1.8TDCI rather than the Peugeot 1.6 HDI due to it having a better reliability reputation, that worked out well.
My son drives agressively in Marseille which really is the worst conditions for a Turbo Diesel.

1 Like

Its flipping freezing on my way to work. I want to retire and stay in bed!

3 Likes

Can’t you work from home?

Doesn’t Maria work as a nurse or something actually useful where you need to do more than emails and sit on a few zoom calls? :rofl:

2 Likes

As a restaurant critic, you surely understand that not all jobs can be done online :wink:

1 Like

No, but I am trying to plan out a remote working post, whether it goes to fruition, it is another matter or go abroad work away for 6-12 months or i say these things and procrastinate like Hamlet!

1 Like

I was a Clinical Research Scientist, so Ineeded to be in a lab alot of the time :grinning:! I am now in Science Education.

I am thinking of leaving Science and do something a totally non-science subject!

4 Likes

Become a football pundit. No analytical skills required.

I remember Aimee’s Dad poster on TIA, he used post long analytical post with these diagrams which i didn’t have a clue on. Remember him?

Nope. :man_shrugging:

Old one

https://x.com/thequeenofmemes/status/1744799743681700244?s=20

Special shout out to the idea of Jewish Ninja Turtle :joy:

She said non-science, not nonsense

Angry Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

CBD oils - Anyone sensible got any experiences/advice to share?
@Flobs , no need for you to reply