What's happening?

city of 2.5mil and not a single plow out on the main corridors overnight. I swear the government is just fucking with us now to see how much apathy they can get away with before we go nuts.

Its a balmy 23 at 8pm here.

Definitely will have the window open and fan on tonight

1 Like

22 at midnight

well we finished yesterday with about 30cm of snow. largest dump in 24hr that i’ve seen in a long time probably 20yrs. got very acquainted with my shovel

I’m cross that the BBC has changed the format of it’s football front page. I liked it when I could have a quick check in the morning for the usual stuff - that day’s fixtures, the Premiership table, has Ferguson died, but it’s just gone useless this last week or so :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to any reaction today I’m not having a great day…

About sums me up today

1 Like

hang in there Matty. fuck 'em if they can’t deal.

3 Likes

Todays schedule
5 hours of watching golf.
Nipped out for Sunday dinner.
Back in front of the TV.
2 hours to kill before our game.
Watch Sheff Utd v West Ham or WSL Man City v Liverpool or a Sunday repeat of Homes under the hammer?

Homes under the hammer it is then

1 Like

How come we don’t have ‘The Weather’ thread? I am sure we had one in the past.

It is howling out there.Flights have been diverted back to their departure destinations and trains have been cancelled.

Stay safe everyone. It is brutal out there. I hope i still have my roof by tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

I was wondering what it was like because the match was clearly being affected by the wind yesterday.

The wind is currently howling around our house in Germany and that’s even with us being in the forest. It’s probably worse out in the open.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s crazy down in Cornwall my parents have said and that takes the brunt as it reaches mainland usually then again it’s coming up from the south hence why Bournemouth took a fair whack.

3 Likes

It’s around 14C here at midday, with fog and a nasty breeze.

1 Like

Can a breeze be nasty?

14 is coolish, but not cold.

That’s one of the reasons I didn’t move to Paignton, Devon last year. Storms cause havoc down there according the local taxi guy.

Hope your parents are okay Matty.

The good news, I still have the house roof but my metal garden chairs are blown over.

3 Likes

One of my plant pots has blown over too…:unamused:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that breeze is nasty, feels like I’m standing in front of the an open refrigerator door :cold_face:. Coolish is between 20-25C. But you have swapped your neighborhood in Artic for a neighborhood in Antarctica :blush:. BTW, you may try the anime A Place Further than the Universe.

2 Likes

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

1 Like

You’re such a drama queen Ifti!

A breeze is a gentle thing, I really don’t think it can be nasty.
If your fridge is set at 14 degrees I doubt your veg will last long.

Yo @Iftikhar … :0)

Maybe @Iftikhar is just not used to colder weather? Just like how we see in Singapore, some people wearing winter clothes when we hit 21 degrees a few year ago.