What's happening?

So people?

If only the hotel was empty every day :wink:

I have an irrational fear that Iā€™ll never find someone who is so my type (and she felt the same way about me) as her.

1 Like

I somehow envisage it as a sort of French Fawlty Towers. Lā€™HĆ“tel en folie?

1 Like

Well, according to some French bloke, hell is other people.

I hear ya. Ex and I did an 11mth honeymoon travelling SE Asia and Aussie. trip of a lifetime, etc. There are certain things in my life that immediately remind me of her (and my wife doesnā€™t let me forget it)

thereā€™s bits and pieces of my life that remind me of that time, but Iā€™ve long since left that behind. Canā€™t cling to the past it holds you back.

1 Like

Exactly. You will never forget previous relationships, but you have to treat new ones as completely separate entities. Itā€™s fatal to compare your new partner to former onesā€¦ thereā€™s only one way that ends.

3 Likes

Fundamentally is there a difference between a Liverpool fanboi and a spaceship fanboi?

Yeah, and for that Iā€™m grieving the loss of her and that relationship. I didnā€™t know myself that I had blacked away so much pent up emotion. A very painful but necessary experience.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Chris_Chambo_/status/1751256527594217718?t=PmB4Jvf7T3FmI-IJDORx4A&s=19

Hope all are okay in the surrounding area.

1 Like

Is it near the bitters new groundā€¦

Apparently itā€™s the Fox Street development (or not development- the company went bust 5 years ago)

I think itā€™s the one you can see from the Wallasey tunnel if you are heading towards the city centre.

This has insurance job written all over it.

Itā€™s Goodison Park then.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a negative impression on arranged marriages. Neither do I have a positive impression on it. There have been arranged marriages which have failed and there have been ones which have succeeded. I guess the same goes for any marriage.

Having spent time in North India , I can say that casteism exists more there as compared to south India (where Iā€™m from). Doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t exist in south India , it does, but not nearly to the same extent.

Iā€™m not for disparaging north India but areas of North India (including large parts of Bengal / Bihar / UP / Rajasthan / MP / Guj) are pretty backward in comparision to the areas in South India both in terms of education , jobs , standard of living and it shows.

I think the main resentment w.r.t Indian society is the reservation system. The continuance of that system is one of the reasons why thereā€™s such enemity among people and also why the feelings of casteism persist.

I do get the reasons why the reservation system should continue but thatā€™s me and my opinion as a ā€œupper casteā€ hindu is in the minority. The system does need to be revamped and be something not based on political considerations though.

1 Like

In my opinion, cultural homogeneity will never happen unless with governmental intervention. If people are not forced to, they will continue living and doing what or who they are comfortable with. Thatā€™s why when migrants go to a new country, they will live in a place where most of their own people are. Soon enclaves will form and people wonder why they donā€™t bother to integrate. So in such a big country, itā€™s almost impossible for the people to resolve their own cultural norms and inequity cos there is no incentive to for those benefitting and no means to for those at the bottom

Wifeā€™s just got her second wisdom tooth extracted.

Having 4 days of peace with her not being able to shout at me.

Sheer bliss.

1 Like

Millions of people adapt and integrate into new and different societies. You donā€™t have to completely take on every aspect of a culture, but over generations migrants become part of the fabric of the place theyā€™ve moved to.
Iā€™ve seen that time and time again.

2 Likes

I do with both you and @Bekloppt

But itā€™s not about the first generation immigrants and their assimilation. Or even the second generation immigrants. The third generation immigrants will assimilate themselves into the greater society more.

You need to have time have its say. And itā€™s not as if the immigrants do forget their roots.

In Indiaā€™s case , the government did intervene to promote equality. The execution of that could have been better though.

I agree to a certain extent but from what we experienced here, there are groups of people who are far more resistant to integration if they can choose not to. Even in a small country like Singapore, our history has shown that when left alone enclaves start to happen and thatā€™s culminated into deadly racial wars. As I mentioned, there are groups of people we see who moved here and a few generations down are as local as they can be but yet we see alot more, even ā€œlocalsā€ who have had generations here, still gravitating towards their own kind whether by race or religion. Not saying there is one right way, but I am glad in a small country like this, I was ā€œforcedā€ to live with Malay and Indian neighbours, go to kindergarten with them, go to school with them, celebrate each other festivities in close proximity and truly understood the beauty of racial diversity, tolerance and acceptance.

2 Likes