What's happening?

My deepest condolences, mate… May he rest in peace, and I hope you and your family find solace.

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this sad time @Kopstar

3 Likes

Deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope you are able to dwell/lean on the many fond memories that you shared with your father during this difficult time.

3 Likes

Thunder, lightning, torrential rain.
Everyone out on their balconies enjoying it.
I can’t remember the last time we had a proper downpour.

2 Likes

just catching up on this, so sorry for your loss @Kopstar. condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

My brother and his family are in town and so yesterday I met them at one of the new water parks here in orlando. As the adults were faffing around getting situated the kids, 12 and 14, were getting antsy to do something so I grabbed them and took them on the closest slide to us. On the way up I was telling them about this really scary one we have in one of the other water parks that puts you in a tube and then takes the floor out from under your feet sending you into a straight vertical drop into the slide. They were terrified and glad that wasnt what we were climbing up to. I think you can all tell where this goes from here…

I went first and waited for them at the bottom at which point I was met by the parents and had child responsibilities removed from my brothering account :joy:

4 Likes

Missed your first post mate, thoughts are with you and yours.

2 Likes

Universal one? Volcano Bay? Looks very good, done all the Disney ones. Recommend it? Prob in Orlando in 2024, silver wedding plan is to do all the Disney resorts. Started saving last year, going to be steep. Going to plant a pile of trees too to keep @Mascot happy :joy:

19 of us went to Blizzard Beach years ago, of course I was the last one to see the 11 year old girl (daughter of good friends) flounce off in a huff for whatever reason. Took about 15 mins to find her, longest of my life.

Yeah Volcano Bay. They had a nightmare opening so I was apprehensive, but I was really really impressed. I havent been to Aquatica (the newish seaworld one), but it is a considerable improvement over any of the other water parks in town.

Rides were great and it was really well organized. They have a version of fast pass that comes as a default with your ticket that allows you to book your place in line for the popular ride using a rubber wrist watch. It will tell you how long your wait is and then you just go off an do any of the other attractions in the mean time. It will buzz you 10 mins before your ride time and typically from there you’ll have no more than about 10 minutes wait in line, which is mostly climbing the stairs. I dont think I’ve ever spent less time waiting in line at a theme park. Buying a beer was harder than getting on the rides.

2 Likes

Cheers for that. Yes, dreadful opening but then Disneyland didn’t do much better :rofl:

I play this game with a friend of mine in Oslo, where we take pics of the names on the back of people’s shirts in bars, etc., and we build an XI over the course of a season to compare. It’s sort of like FUT without the micro transactions.

You’re not allowed to ignore a player you don’t already have in your team and goalkeepers are mostly by the by.

This eve, I got a lad in a Romario shirt and a wee kiddo in a Carlos shirt, so it’s an early lead.

2 Likes

Fucking vasospasms aren’t stopping, even with maximal treatment. I’ve not given up hope yet, but the doctors are preparing me for the worst. Waiting and hoping. Trying to keep my mind occupied so I don’t go fully mental.

5 Likes

Fuck, really sorry to hear that mate. Hoping for the best for you and the family

3 Likes

I keep my fingers crossed for you.
:pray:

1 Like

Stay strong, mate.

2 Likes

Aye. The doctors only talk to me, so then you have to be the messenger of these awful conversations to everyone else. At least one of my wife’s Scottish relatives is a doctor, so she then does all the medical talking in English to that side of the family.

Wish we could do something mate but whatever happens, we’re here and we’re very much rooting for you all.

8 Likes

My heart and prayers are with you CL :heart: :pray: :palms_up_together:

4 Likes

I’m sorry my friend, I hope that all works out.

2 Likes

Slightly stabilised now. After a string of really bad news, no bad news is good news.

21 Likes